mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   Phantom on HPA? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/37717-phantom-hpa.html)

icdpaintballer 04-14-2008 09:14 PM

Phantom on HPA?

I am thinking of buying a phantom and wanted to know if I could run hpa on it. Would rather use hpa than co2 because I have a scuba w/ a fill station.
Thanks

idkfa 04-14-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icdpaintballer (Post 371318)
I am thinking of buying a phantom and wanted to know if I could run hpa on it. Would rather use hpa than co2 because I have a scuba w/ a fill station.
Thanks

You can run HPA, but keep in mind it prefers HP input. I have seen lower pressure setups (someone has a nice orange Phantom with sideline stabilizer on it, cannot remember who offhand), but it works best at 700-800 psi if I remember correctly.

I have heard it has been perfectly tuned and designed for CO2, and that is what I use. If you are going for a performance gain, you probably won't get it with HPA, but if you have an HPA setup already, you are fine to use it. :)

ilerman 04-14-2008 09:22 PM

HPA on a phantom

Yes HPA does work on Phantoms. I live out in the boondocks so I prefer CO2. Recently at my home field a gentleman was using a SC phantom with a stubby HPA tank. It seemed to work extremely well for him.

The one thing to consider however is that the phantom was designed with stock class in mind. Therefore it was designed for CO2. Keep the pressure up though and you should be fine.

mustangii 04-15-2008 08:24 AM

wevo and a couple of people on here are selling 13ci and 22 ci tankes for phantoms small but easier to carry on a light phantom. wwa sells them on ebay and his site. wevo and wwa sells them withouts regs as of now.
edm

worrptangl 04-19-2008 09:27 PM

When i had my phantom and tried running it on HPA it was considerably louder than that with CO2.

ilerman 04-19-2008 10:12 PM

Thats interesting I didn't notice any difference in sound between my SC phantom and the guys with HPA. Interesting though...

Grimm 04-19-2008 10:15 PM

yes, a phantom will run just fine on hpa

worrptangl 04-20-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilerman (Post 376084)
Thats interesting I didn't notice any difference in sound between my SC phantom and the guys with HPA. Interesting though...

I had the luxury of playing in a fully enclosed field on Pearl Harbor. So I could really hear the difference in the sound. That and I thought the phantom ran better off of CO2.

ilerman 04-20-2008 12:20 AM

Well that would explain it. I only play stock class and pistol anymore so I have no need for a HPA or a co2 tank. The phantom may be the one marker that would run better on co2 compared to HPA. What others would be out there? sheridans maybe?

worrptangl 04-20-2008 12:25 AM

Sheridans were designed for CO2, but PPS versions will run off of both. ie HT, SS typhoon etc...