mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

a few phantom mods i need help with

iv been looking to get a new valve . insted of rear air i want a vsc setup and constent air . i was looking at valves and in a pic n th ephantom gallarey there is a shortend valve body . like theback was cut and tapped for a macro fitting . are these sold ? or is it a mod .

also i found a mod somewhere on here where you remove the velocity screw from the bolt and you put a regulater or stab on the phantom and you change the veloctity from there . is this worht it or is it more more prone to choping in the barrel or somthing . iv never doe this mod . i was wondering what the advantage is to useing it .

chris
dauntless15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here's a place that can do the work you need.

O'Dells Paintball
1013 South Michael Rd
St.Marys PA 15857
Cell#(814)-335-1708
Shop#(814)-834-277

his name is Nathan. I know him, and he does good work for a reasonable price. Shipping is quick and communication excellent.

As for the regulator. I have a stock Phantom that is set up for use with a regulator. I use an old "Ergo" Autococker reg. It's an inexpensive and dependable reg.

There are going to be a wide range of opinions on this but I use this gun a lot at scenarios. I've used it for years this way. It works for me, and there is nothing different about the internals on this Phantom than you would find on any right out of the box guns.

Stock springs. TPC turned in about 4 turns. The guage runs at 625 - 650 psi. The gun chronos at 280 - 285. Takes me about 30 seconds at the chronos. I love it. Nothing worse than the looks I get when I get in line at the chronos for a big game with a pump!!! But then to have them watch me crank out 3 consistent shots, get my tag punched and out to the field in under 30 seconds...........priceless!

That said, this is only good for CO2 on 60 plus degree days. It works with HPA, but not as well. My guage is a mini HP guage from Palmers. These are good gauges, but a paintball gun guage is not exactly a precision instrument. I feel that it is close to being right, becasue I can crank it up to the tank pressure, and the guage reflects the change.

Your guage might read a little different, and there are a lot of people that claim a Phantom can't run at these pressures............what can I say........works for me???

I love this set up................

thkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

but can buy a valve that looks like that? or is everyone i see custom and not bought
Old 04-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gun Hoarder

Send a message via AIM to pwpaintball

Yes CCI sells them "9475 Gauged Option" it Cost $33.50 and it includes a gage. I don't see much use for this, by the time you see a drop in pressure it is too late. But they do look cool.

Or if you get the vertical air kit it is a $15 upgrade.

As for the reg mod, you can not take out the V/A. but you can adjust velocity with the reg. Just adjust the bolt like mentioned earlier and then adjust the reg at the crony.
My Sale

My Feedback

Last edited by pwpaintball; 04-25-2008 at 10:03 PM.
pwpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

to get a vsc set up for 15 bucks? where is that?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gun Hoarder

Send a message via AIM to pwpaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntless15 View Post
to get a vsc set up for 15 bucks? where is that?
No the Gauged Option is a $15 add on to the vertical set up witch is $49.
My Sale

My Feedback
pwpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI