mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Phantom sling

I am a scenario player who uses a phantom. I have the problem of tired arms after lugging my phantom around for a day. Does anyone use a sling with their phantom? If so, post some pics or describe where you attach it. I need some ideas.
tinraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I didn't know it was possible to "lug" a Phantom around. They aren't that heavy. But I guess after a day of play... Just struck me as funny.

I don't have sling advice for you, so I'll stop cluttering your thread.

My Feedback
MrJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJR View Post
I didn't know it was possible to "lug" a Phantom around. They aren't that heavy. But I guess after a day of play... Just struck me as funny.

I don't have sling advice for you, so I'll stop cluttering your thread.
I was thinking the same thing...most people dont like Phantoms becuase they are too light.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

You could get a lanyard style sling. No links..

Or a holster.

And yeah... its kinda hard to lug a phantom. Its more just an annoyance to be holding it. Sometimes you need that hand to scratch an itch..

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

It really depends on his set-up. I've seen some Phantoms that aren't very light after their owners get done with it...

Watching the rain--and waiting for Heaven.

CyberNations
Duzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
I'll occasionally carry mine with a 3 point sling, of course that's with an 18" barrel and t-stock on it, and it's more so I can shoot a pistol comfortably than to relieve weight. If you're having trouble with a stock class feed, 12g Phantom with a standard barrel and no stock...time to hit the gym. You can get the slings in a type where a loop slips over your barrel, and have a velcro/clip on the rear which works will wrap around a stock. Think mine came from SpecOps.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Working on it!!!

If this was Sloonan's VM Tommy Gun I would understand, unless you only weigh 80lbs. The whole point of getting a Phantom I though was because they are light. A sling with the velcro loop attachments may work or you could drill the pump handle.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It is not so much that the weight is some much to handle. I usually play the front or medic. Which means I need to run with the gun a lot. I hate trying to cradle mine phantom in my arms while running. But I wanted to know if anyone has tried to put a sling on their phantom and has that seemed to get in the way of the pump. I use a 12 oz and 100 rnd hopper for the long games.
tinraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxx55 View Post
The whole point of getting a Phantom I though was because they are light.

I don't know, Ion are about the same weight. Don't think many people bought one of those because it was light?

I also play scenarios pretty much exclusively. I wear a tactical vest that has "D" rings on the shoulders. I use a single point sling that has spring clips on both ends. I have a small piece of parachute rope with loops on both ends. I slip one loop through the other and around the grip between the top of the grip panels and the back of the trigger guard.

Then I just snap the sling on and I'm good to go. With a 100 round hopper and stock, that will balance the phantom to hang in the front just above the waste. Gives me the use of both hands. Keeps the hopper level so that I can load it without hanging on to it, or worry about what might still be in there dumping on the ground. Very very useful.
thkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Find a lonestar grip, put a ring through the bottom hole SL-68 style and run with a single attachment point with a quick disconnect carabiner.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI