mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is This The Right Way? (nylon screw)

First, you screw the velocity screw into the front bolt. Then, you screw the nylon screw in so that the velocity screw can't move.

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, someone please tell me!

I really can't think of any other way to do it...
BIG-AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
No, not at all. If you do it the way you described you will just ruin the nylon screw by stripping it out.

Screw the nylon screw, without the TPC inside the bolt, until the screw is in line with the threads on the inside of the bolt. Then you can screw in the TPC. When this is screwed in, the metal threads will cut into the nylon that is sticking out slightly, keeping it secure.

Last edited by idkfa; 05-26-2008 at 07:58 PM.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

The compression and release of the main spring creates a slight twisting action against the TPC and it takes a small amount of drag from the nylon set screw to counter this twisting action of the main spring.

By screw in the nylon drag screw first, the threads on the TPC will cut a set of grooves on the tip of the nylon screw, which will provide just enough friction to prevent the TPC from twisting. If you do the other way, you are just shaving the top of the nylon screw as you turn it.

Just imagine (DON"T do it at home) the nylon screw is your finger and the TPC as a electrical fan, screw in the nylon screw first is like sticking your finger in between the blades before you turn the power on, where as screw in the TPC in first than try to lock in the nylon set screw, is like trying to stop a running electrical fan with your finger.

MCB Feedback
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayodder View Post
Just imagine (DON"T do it at home) the nylon screw is your finger and the TPC as a electrical fan, screw in the nylon screw first is like sticking your finger in between the blades before you turn the power on, where as screw in the TPC in first than try to lock in the nylon set screw, is like trying to stop a running electrical fan with your finger.
Great illustration, Oh Wise One.

My Feedback
MrJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yes I learned this the hard way (by destroying my first TPC set screw) and then I did it the correct way and never looked back. Just make sure you have the TPC nylon screw in just far enough that it will deliver enough pressure to keep the TPC from moving yet also allow you to thread the TPC initially (which can be tough).
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI