mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 08-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzy View Post
If you're handy you could bore out the feed block for a Power Feed plug.
Since its closed bolt the next ball in line cant drop down and it will most likely get blocked up like the stockfeed. If a ball stops Right on the plug it will get "pinched" in place by the following paintballs.

Last edited by 1996XJ; 08-21-2008 at 12:54 AM.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

The difference is that the plug is ramped with a curve where as the stock feed block is essentially straight up and down. I don't know if it makes any sense the way I'm phrasing it, but there is a significant difference.

Whether or not it would work is another matter entirely.

Watching the rain--and waiting for Heaven.

CyberNations
Duzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

cool idea set it up on an L stock California Style.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Old but still dangerous!

Hose attachment fits perfect on the 10 round SC feed, problems are a SC feed needs addaptation as it has a rounded end and the balls bind, also big problem is setting up your qpods prewinds correctly as they tend to put a lil too much pressure on the balls and you can get double feeds and chops if your barrel fit is not good because the pressure will push balls into barrel then you chop next one. Tried it, works great, when it works, big huge problem is if you ever get a breach break it blows up in SC feed and whole system is shot to hell and you might as well put the marker away till you can break it down and clean it. Marker will be back heavy but some ppl like it that way, I do gives me stability in shots.

http://www.edmontonpaintball.com/for...-fan-club.html
SnowDawgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Duzzy has teh same idea as I had back when I tried to run mine into a breech. The stock feed pretty much has a 90 and wont allow paint to drop down with the force applied. I never got a machined breech but I fooled around with modifying the breech with small bits to give the ball a little angle, It worked some but my angle or ramp was not as pronounced as a powerfeed plug would have been, and I am sure that if it works on spring fed guns and blowbacks and others that it would have for the phantom as well.

I suppose I had overthought the machining aspect of it, You could figure out what size hole the feed plug would need and just set the breech vertically in a drill vise and have at it. I would step the sizes up though. I dont know how to keep the acrylic clear where the hole is being drilled. If the regular feed block (black) is being used then it shouldnt be an issue.

The setup I had put the Q slightly under the grip frame to help balance it out. I never got to use it as it wasnt functional enough for game time.

------------

I had to fit a bit of a ten round tube to act as a coupler between the gun and the Q elbow.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Old but still dangerous!

I just used JB weld in the sc feedtube and then a dremel to grind it to the right angle to feed the balls in correctly, worked well. Problem really is getting the q-pods set to the right tension to not feed the balls in too fast.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXJ View Post
Had to do that with my springfed Microphantom
I'm a little confused, are you saying that you successfully made a ramp by adding/subtracting exopy and the springfeed fed correctly?
nelsonizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDawgy View Post
I just used JB weld in the sc feedtube and then a dremel to grind it to the right angle to feed the balls in correctly, worked well.
So you put JB Weld in the feedtube and then ground the JB weld to make a ramp...hmm...could you be a little more specific about that process (I don't have more than diesel tank patching experience with JB Weld)

Is adjusting the q-pods something that I would have to do once or would I have to adjust them every time I reloaded? (I would be ok with sitting down and spending some time playing with Q-pods but I would want it to be a plug and play system once I got all the bugs worked out, so when I get to the field I don't have to spend time wrenching on gear when I should be playing)

Last edited by nelsonizer; 08-21-2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: making question more specific
nelsonizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

This has a standard feed plug that didnt like to feed.

I ended up making this feed plug that feeds great but ocassionally doublefeeds.

I made it with some wooden dowel rod, but the JB weld would probably be a better idea if you using a SC feed.

EDIT: just noticed that you cant see the feedplug in the second pic

Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 11-10-2011 at 01:49 PM.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Old but still dangerous!

I took standard SC feed (clear so I could see what I was doing) clamped it in a vice at the correct angle for makeing a ramp then poured in the JB weld and let it set, then just used a dremel to sand the ramp down till it was the perfect fit and the balls went in nice and smooth with no binding. Pretty easy to do actually.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI