mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 03-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

CO2 is 800+ in normal weather.

Some new hpa systems are only putting out 600psi... Adding a reg won't help you there.

The only time a reg is helpful on a phantom is if you are using CO2 and want consistency. Or you have HPA with bottle reg that can output at 1000psi and you have a reg to spare.

Otherwise on a phantom you need a HIGH (800psi) output hpa system. Myth's are 600 and it seems the Ninja may be the same.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
my tanks puts 700-750ish out, and i put a sidewinder on the gun and tuned it to the point where i could get the highest output out of it while still being consistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
thats why i bring my own balls. and if they dont play nice, i play with myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Mar, I want to fondle your wood.
Zapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkroeker View Post

QUOTE: It could also be the tree. Did you expect it to just stand there and take round after round without flinching?! It was probably dodging and weaving in a valiant attempt to avoid your incoming rounds.

Yes, that could have been it, but now that I'm using co2 and I have some consistency, all the efforts of the tree to dodge my paintballs will be in vain!
I can hear the trees everywhere quaking in fear.....Glad everything worked out.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Dave-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Zombie thread!!!!!!!

So i picked up my first NEW marker yesterday straight from CCI. A black SC back bottle. Right out of the box i swapped for SSC tri-flute and a polished bolt. I also swapped out for a red spring off the bat. Ive put around 150 shots through it and my efficiency is TERRIBLE.

Im just curious to see what people have to say in terms of a newer gun and the break in period required to get it shooting money with great efficiency.

Any advice would be needed. Opening up a brand new gun for the first time in forever was awesome and the fact it was a Phantom made it even more SWEEEEEEEEET.
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
There is no break in period.

The gun will get a little smoother as you wear the parts in, but you aren't going to see a noticeable, or even measurable, increase in efficiency. You may want to use the stock parts as a base line rather than gutting it the moment you open it.

What is your paint to barrel match? That is your biggest culprit.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
There is no break in period.

The gun will get a little smoother as you wear the parts in, but you aren't going to see a noticeable, or even measurable, increase in efficiency. You may want to use the stock parts as a base line rather than gutting it the moment you open it.

What is your paint to barrel match? That is your biggest culprit.
im waiting on my freak barrel to come but with the gold detent and reballs i was hitting 290
Old 03-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
It doesn't matter what velocity you are able to achieve if you are using more gas than is necessary to propel the ball. Swapping springs and polished internals isn't a silver bullet, you need to tune the marker with the new parts. The idea behind changing the springing is reducing the time that the valve is opened. You really can't tune for efficiency unless you have a good paint to barrel match; all your detent ring is doing is stopping it from rolling down the barrel (which does help consistency and the frustration of losing a ball).

I'd honestly put your stock springs back in (keep the new internals as you spent the money on them), get your Freak setup together, and start from there. Once you get 30 usable shots on a 12 gram you can then start tweaking.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
It doesn't matter what velocity you are able to achieve if you are using more gas than is necessary to propel the ball. Swapping springs and polished internals isn't a silver bullet, you need to tune the marker with the new parts. The idea behind changing the springing is reducing the time that the valve is opened. You really can't tune for efficiency unless you have a good paint to barrel match; all your detent ring is doing is stopping it from rolling down the barrel (which does help consistency and the frustration of losing a ball).

I'd honestly put your stock springs back in (keep the new internals as you spent the money on them), get your Freak setup together, and start from there. Once you get 30 usable shots on a 12 gram you can then start tweaking.
yea ive pretty much deemed any testing im doing void until i get my freak (should be coming monday) i just chrono'd with real paint and im jumping between 245-265 with no detent ring in (im using the crappiest white box imagineable).

I was under the impression that with the lightened hammer the increased spring tension was necessary.

I know how the gun will shoot when its all broken in im just not used to starting from COMPLETE SCRATCH im 26 now and i havent owned a NEW marker since i was in my early teens.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
The fundamental idea behind what you are doing is that you are affecting how much gas is released with each shot (the dwell, to use contemporary terms). If you use a stiffer valve spring, lighter main spring, or lighter hammer, you will reduce how long the valve is opened. The issue is that it is a very fine balance that needs to be adjusted by the user. If you use a lightened hammer you will see an increase in efficiency, but at the cost of velocity. You then need to adjust the other parameters to find the balance between efficiency and usable velocity.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
The fundamental idea behind what you are doing is that you are affecting how much gas is released with each shot (the dwell, to use contemporary terms). If you use a stiffer valve spring, lighter main spring, or lighter hammer, you will reduce how long the valve is opened. The issue is that it is a very fine balance that needs to be adjusted by the user. If you use a lightened hammer you will see an increase in efficiency, but at the cost of velocity. You then need to adjust the other parameters to find the balance between efficiency and usable velocity.
yea im def being over zealous with my tuning expecting immediate results without using all the right tools. gonna start cutting down cocker valve springs to work so i can swap springs.

I need to learn zen patience

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI