mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Gazoo Send a message via MSN to Gazoo Send a message via Yahoo to Gazoo

Eurogrip FTW
Old 04-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Get the CCM frame. Most .45 frames annoy me because they put the grips too far down. The CCM grips are perfectly placed.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Ok, I am leaning towards the 86* frame (although the Gargoyle frame looks almost exactly like the 86 except with a slider trigger), any have an opinion on the CZ-75 grips vs the delrin panel grips?
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I hate the CCM frame the length of pull is aweful when gripping the frame my wrong finger wraps past the trigger so that i am past the knuckle closest to my uhmm..main knuckle.

Just bad IMO, makes the length of pull way too short.

A benchmark .45 block is the nicest, fatter and has a flat mounting place for ASA's, but otherwise the CCI frame is good if you run their bottomline and hogue non wraps as the wraps do not work correctly (huge space between top fingergroove and the trigger)

The gargoyle has a custom slide trigger block, with a CCM .45 block on it. It takes m16 grips like other phantom frames.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Eurogrip FTW
Absolutely. The HK/Eurogrip is perfect. I'm kind of upset about having to choose between a slick new stock or those perfect grips. Mine came from a trracer too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

I love the Punishers grip on mine.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ornamental redneck

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
the punishers dpms one?

taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I use the Benchmark block, as I found its width to be more comfortable with my hands. Here's where I bought it: <B>Benchmark Bolt-on 45 Frame I also found that wraparound grips fit it more snugly than they do on my old CCI frame. My favorite grips are Pachmayr's American Legend 1911 grips.

Pearce Grips (AR15 Grip Adaptor for 1911 Style Conversion by Pearce Grip) also used to make an adaptor specifically for paintball; the only difference between it and their current AR-15 to 1911 adaptor was that the paintball version was tapped for bottom lines. They might still make them; dunno.

Also, I think Pearce makes a rubber insert that adds finger grooves to standard side panel grips. They might add a little width, too.
Wolfeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I perfer the CCM 86 grip frames, both my phantoms have one. One is set up with the cz grips the other ccm panels. I have small fat hands (lolz) and while I wouldn't that I find the cci 45 small, but rather just uncomfortable. The 86 is defiantly smaller and with the design, defiantly brings your hand much closer to the trigger then the 45. I do find it very comfortable and natural feeling despite sometimes getting the feeling the grip brings my hand to close to the trigger (but with small hands, this shouldn't really be an issue). I'd be willing to lend you one to try out if your willing to put down a deposit and pay for shipping.

As far as grips go, the cz makes the grip much thicker but again with the curves/design of the grip also makes it more comfortable than a 45 w/rubber grips. The Panels are also comfortable but make the grip much thinner. With panels, the grip is a little thicker in the front and much thinner in the back when compared to a CCI 45. IDK if it would help but I'll post pictures when I get my hands on a camera. If your looking for a bigger grip I'd say go with the cz rubber, thicker all around. But then again, you'd have to purchase grip frame and grip seperately so if you choose to pick up a 86 frame you have the option of getting a feel for the panels before picking up the cz rubbers.

Last edited by Jackal01400; 04-17-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Jackal01400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

for whatever the reason its been a pain in the arse to get these host.. not enough patients to embed them (i'd have to resize them...)

http://i42.tinypic.com/smww7k.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/245lvkj.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/11ryixh.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/103bg4x.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/jichnl.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/fwk5uc.jpg

Pictures aren't the greatest, but hopefully you could pull something away from them.
Jackal01400 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI