mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
ur my sister

played 1st time in over 10 years

well a buddy of mine invited me to go play with a group he works with. i had my markers sitting in plastic totes for years and decided to get them out and clean things up. i have a vertical phantom i run on a remote and two kingman hammers i keep as back ups. well got things all cleaned and fresh camo paint jobs. went to a local field for some open play today.

you would not believe the looks i got when they noticed i was using a pump gun. most didnt know what it was and were more impressed by the 50 rd hopper. it took a little getting used to but i got back into the swing of things. my 11" barrel just wasnt reaching out there so on went the nickel 14". that got things a little better. i think i shot maybe 120 rounds in 3 hours with there being 15-20 people. didnt even put a dent in my 9 oz tank. most of them were running through 20 oz tanks every coupld games and needed paint after each one. it is so nice to just take the essentials out and not have to worry about batteries, rain ruining your electronics or something failing and ruining your day.

needless to say it is good to be back into it and will have to keep this going. i get more adrenaline from this game then i do at work as a sheriff deputy. even played a little speed ball where i took out the remaining 3 guys by myself, i think there were 4 or 5 on each team. they dont know they are getting shot at when only 1 paintball whizzes by instead of 20.

keep up the good work out there pumpers and hang tough.
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Glad to hear you had a good time! Lots of things have changed over the past decade. Electros got hugely popular but there's been a recent resurgence of pump play, which is nice.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ditto for me today, most people hardly noticed the small 6" phantom in my hand. And most just sat back and long balled with rapid firing.

Mini collection
Old School VM68 Mag with PPS Stab, dual bottle (rear and slant. Ported valve and Starfire Bolt (alum), tweaked springs & Lapco Cocker adapter.
Pneumatic Design Storm Oddball marker but fairly accurate.
Phantom 6",11 & 14"" DanW .45 Grips SC hori feed now VSC, Shoed up.
PGP Blinging, Classic AutoMag (mini) "Tactical" custom,
Trracer Rifle in the works, 2k+VF WGP cocker, 2 Trilly Pump "Sniper" conversions, 3 Trracers
Sgt Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
ur my sister

i just ordered some fresh paint and that will help a ton. hell i was shooting balls that have to be atleast 5 years old. always kept them inside in the closet so they were still round no dipples but they take a nasty turn right before they get to the target. makes long shots impossible.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to keen

wow! yeah, fresh paint next time out will definitely help out.

my wife's car is faster than mine...
keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Corp Por, Kal Vas Flam

fresh paint is also safer...save the multi-year paint for practice shooting

old paint sometimes has the tendancy to become very hard and not break on impact readily and the lack of easy fracture can lead to some hard hitting 're-balls'

Avoid purchasing any wal mart monsterball paint
Old 05-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

hehe yes... avoid at all costs the monster balls. played with some monsterball lovin players two weeks ago and had been hit in the mask and lense twice with no break... I watched as the lense flexed inward... scared the crap out of me. Last game of the day they played you had to call yourself out (get hit as much as you wanted) two guys head to head in the open, one used monsterballs the other something good, full auto/ramping... idk what.. they were both shooting fast and every shot landed. Not one ball broke on the follow who was being hit by the monsters...
Jackal01400 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI