mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Best Phantom frame?

I am currently using the stock 45 frame, but I am interested in one of the aftermarket frames. I have held the 86 frame, which was fairly nice (I have not tried it with rubber grips).

The other option I am looking at is the Sergison Machine humpback frame. I love Carter humpbacks, so I would think I might like this one too.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by idkfa; 05-09-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Shame on you. Second page, second thread down = same question. We'll let it slide this time.

I've pretty much resigned myself to living with the CCI 45. It's comfortable when playing, even though the grip holes are drilled too low. IMO, the CCM frame isn't all that comfortable, but only because of the angle. If it were a true 86 frame like CCM sniper 86 frames, it would be killer. I can't understand why it was done differently for Phantoms. What I really want is a RPG Triton style frame for my phantom, except single trigger, of course. If I could get access to tools, I'd build one myself. I'm considering trying to tap new holes in the CCI block to shift the grips up to a more comfortable position. I'm also (more likely) going to get some of the 45 grips from ASP that are desinged to go under other grips and slide them up to give the same effect without having to buy tools. I'd buy panels to go over those, and call it a day.

My Feedback
Old 05-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
I am currently using the stock 45 frame, but I am interested in one of the aftermarket frames. I have held the 86 frame, which was fairly nice (I have not tried it with rubber grips).

The other option I am looking at is the Sergison Machine humpback frame. I love Carter humpbacks, so I would think I might like this one too.

Any thoughts?
I really find the "Euro grip" the best. My issue is that I can't use my stock with it

I've been trying to figure out how I can use a Nintendo Zapper grip frame on a phantom, those were just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Thanks guys.

I will close this down and head to the other thread.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI