mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Trigger frame disassembly

Alright, so i've finally got all the pieces I need to put together a sweet duckslide and i'm gettin ready to get them out to get anno'ed. According to gruntbull (who I will more than likely be using) you have to have all the screws, springs, etc. removed before sending your order to them. The only problem is that I have no idea how to remove the trigger or safety. There is also the pin located roughly an inch below the safety and an inch behind the trigger that I am hesitant about removing since I neither know what it does or how to remove it.

I know I might sound kind of dumb but I don't really want to break anything.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Timber_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

I think im going to just knock the pins out of it and then if I break anything Ill either send it in for a repair after I get it anno'ed or ill order a raw unassembled gripframe...

Any body know if I really need to even worry about it? If you have had your phantom reanodized I'd like to hear you guys' input. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Machinist in training

Send a message via Yahoo to slowerpig81

Info to re-anno a phantom - Special Ops Forum
There you go, should be everything you need.

From that post:

Quote:
To re anno a Phantom, you have to take out some steel parts, or else they will dissolve and be damaged. I emailed Mike about this, and I though I would post the reply I got from him. Here it is:

* How do you remove the 12 gram piercer from the bucket changer body?

The puncture assembly is removed with a flat blade screw driver. Do not position the blade across the tip of the piercing pin when un-screwing.

* The small metal pin that is at the back of the groove in the trigger/grip frame for the pump arm, how do you remove it?

You have to push that pin to the center slot, cut with a Dremel cut off wheel and repeat until the pin is removed. I will sell you the replacement pin.

* The drilled and tapped holes for the screws, do any of them have steel inserts, if so, how do I remove them?

The breech and air adapter inserts need to be removed using a #1 & #2 screw extractor. You will need to heat the inserts for easy removable. I will sell you replacement inserts, which you can install with a drop of red thread lock and your thumbscrews.

All screws, O-rings, plastic parts need to be removed for anodizing.

* I have a RH open class feed breech. It has plastic on the feed neck, correct? Do I need to remove this, and how do I do it?

Just pull it off with a twisting motion.

* Is there a specific side of the trigger frame that I should punch the trigger pin out from, so that it will stay in when I re-install it?

You will notice that the trigger pin is expanded at one end. Push out from the other end which is slightly recessed. The pin for the trigger spring can be pushed out from either direction.

* The safety- do I need to remove it, or the pin that retains it?

There is a set screw that needs to be removed from the trigger frame above the safety. This set screw holds the spring and ball for the trigger detent, remove these first before puling out the safety. If the chrome ball doesn't drop out it will when you remove the safety (easy to lose). Once you have removed these and the trigger pin pull the trigger forward to allow the safety to drop out. When you re-assemble the trigger frame, put the trigger in without the trigger pin, slide the safety into position, then press the trigger pin into the frame.

Answers in blue.

A good resource to get to the very individual parts of the Phantom.

Feedback/Avvy by Tessa Schrader

Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 10-18-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: consolidating data HERE on M.CB
slowerpig81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
HI = A Pumper's Paradise

Send a message via AIM to 808raoul

AKA Fan
Good post/link slowerpig81. Very useful info. I also wanted to know about this.

Anybody gots to sell:
-Line SI Bushmaster Pointman handle
-Racegun Halfblock Backblock (newer ver.)
808raoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

Damn, I didn't know it was that much work, guess any custom phantom is best made from scratch!
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Thanks man. That was exactly what I needed.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Machinist in training

Send a message via Yahoo to slowerpig81

No problem man. If you have any more questions just give Mike at CCI a call. He's been making the gun for more than 20 years, he knows everything you need.

Feedback/Avvy by Tessa Schrader
slowerpig81 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI