mcarterbrown.com

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 07-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Proud new Phantom Owner

Hey I wanted to introduce myself to the phantom lovers here at mc-carter brown. I've done lots of research through this site and finally found the phantom config that I think I'll love. Bought it off of cloud113 on pbnation, heres a pic:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1425/0625092120a.jpg

I'm coming from using an automag 68, and I was fortunate enough to find someone at KC Crusaders in South Prarie WA who was kind enough to lend me his Open class back bottle phantom for a couple games. After 3 games with it, I was hooked. Took out 3 players and made 1 kid surrender! After gogging someone with the snap shooting that I'm used to doing with the single tube stacked automag I just had to order one.

A couple of questions to throw out there though - the phantom I ordered has a center feed gravity fed. at first I want to play open class with a mini hopper as you see on the pic, and constant air. SOMEDAY when I get better I would like to run with horizontal 15 round tube setup, but still have constant air. Question is: can I use my current body with horizontal feed setup or do I need to buy a new body... which leads into the next one - I would like to keep with the blue/white acid wash scheme but I heard it's difficult to match ano jobs with additional parts. Have any of you added a body or part requesting an anno match and had a good experience and if so can you recommend who you would go through? Thanks all sorry for the long post...
liquid_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

For the anno, contact CCI directly. He'll either have one in stock or can do one in the next batch when he sends them out.

Welcome to MCB.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

get hold cci he have some made. so he your best bet
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah call mike cassidy up 9-5 m-f 503-554-8095. he is a really great guy i'm sure he will do everything he can to help you.I would definitly get one of the 10 or 15 round horizontal feed setup, its such a fun way to play and you can always switch back and forth. That gun is really sick too, what a great first phantom! at an unbeatable price, good work sir. welcome to MCB =]
Old 07-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
jus a fat hawaiian !!!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Welcome to the family ! Yeah what they said mike is the man . Another person to contact for phantom parts is nathan at pbpumpshop.com or odells paintball . Nathan is a great guy as well as mike . Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any problems .
Old 07-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Yea not like I am a dealer for CCI or anything PBpumpshop I thought went out of business and was sold?

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
jus a fat hawaiian !!!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
No nathan is pretty much up and doin well , he still has the website and his shop is doin well .
Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Furries are EVERYWHERE :3

just FYI

parts done in different batches will ALWAYS have a slightly different color, except for black
it will match, but the blue will be slightly off. not enough to cause a problem, really
Old 07-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for all the info! One other question I couldn't find on this site explicitly stated - does any of you know how many shots approximate I should be able to get out of that 3.5 oz co2 tank with the vertical open class setup? I plan on playing renegade (outlaw) next weekend and I would like to have an idea of how much paint I'll be limited to with air.

I realize that parts done in different batches will be slightly off in color. I'm not hugely picky though - so i think close will be good enough for me!
liquid_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Furries are EVERYWHERE :3

i'm trying to remember, exactly, but i think something like 250-300

you may want to look into getting a rear valve, it'll let you run a larger bottle out the back, for me, 12oz is perfect

also, that phantom in particular has 45 grips, so you would be able to setup a bottomline if you wanted to run it that way, and you could have a bigger bottle. 3.5 is the largest recommended for use on the vert ASA, too much, or hit it too hard, and you'll snap the trigger guard.

to use the vert ASA and a bottomline, you'll either need the male end of a remote line, or a gas through grip, a regulator would work as well, but it may give you weird velocity.

or if you were willing to take the hardline off, you could run a hose directly into the valve from the asa

this is all assuming you have as many spare parts lying around as most of the guys on here :P

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI