mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 07-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

if using hpa tank going to need new spring or cut it down like other said. not sure what spring it is but not stock one you need.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolePosition View Post
Oh there is another size? Maybe that's what I need. I only got 2 sizes, but I emailed him about returning it or getting further suggestions from him, so I'm waiting on the reply....right now I'm just using tape barrel detents, which are working perfectly lol.
When I first had the mod done and Have Blue sent me the replacement body with the correct milling, it only included one set of rings. I emailed him and told him that it wasn't working correctly and he sent me a packet containing 6 rings of different sizes. When I used the two largest rings it worked great.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

Have Blue is now sending me some o-rings of different hardness levels, so we'll see if that works.

My Feedback Thread
PolePosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

I know PolePosition's body is milled correctly - when I first did Inflicted's body, it was _obviously_ wrong, and I realized I had forgotten to account for the edge finder's radius when indicating the body on the fixture (thus the detent slots were perfectly sized, but 0.100" too far back, and the rear slot actually broke entirely through the chamfer between the breech and body bores). Not a mistake I'll soon make again.

I'm almost positive I've only ever supplied 2 sizes of o-rings to people - 006 and 007 (currently I include four 006 70 duro rings and two 007 70 duro rings with each mod). 006 is what I designed the mod around (1/4" OD), and 007 is 1/32" larger, so you have to squish it into the slot a bit. 008 is simply too large. I have, however, sent out different material o-rings if people can't get good results with the 70 duro 006 and 007.

PP, hopefully the 90 duro 006 will work for you - if not, we may have to fall back to those Teflon rings, or I'll have to see about molding custom detents.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
I'm almost positive I've only ever supplied 2 sizes of o-rings to people - 006 and 007 (currently I include four 006 70 duro rings and two 007 70 duro rings with each mod). 006 is what I designed the mod around (1/4" OD), and 007 is 1/32" larger, so you have to squish it into the slot a bit. 008 is simply too large. I have, however, sent out different material o-rings if people can't get good results with the 70 duro 006 and 007.
THAT'S RIGHT! Now I remember!
Sorry, HB, my memory is a little fuzzy.
I know it's only been a few months, but I've been getting ready for law school and my mind has been somewhere else.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

Got my blue main spring and cup seal from CCI Mike today...I could only shoot my HPA on the lowest velocity setting to get at field limit and even then, while it was alot more consistent than before, it still wasn't performing as I wanted....so I'm just going to buy a Co2 tank and keep the blue spring. I know that the Co2 works since I played a couple weeks ago with it, so I am just going to use that and hope that it works.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for the new o-rings from HB still, so hopefully when those come in, my gun will work like it should haha.

My Feedback Thread
Old 08-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #27 (permalink)

we all hope so
Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

o-rings came in today. the stiffer o-rings stopped a majority of the rollouts now. If anyone has the ASP detent and suffers rollouts, ask Michael to send you the stiffer o-rings. Also bought a Co2 tank. Didn't seem to change too much from blue spring to standard silver spring on Co2, so I just put the silver spring back on.... Gun shoots relatively consistently now. Not the same as using a double regulated system (regulated hpa + regulator) but it gets the job done. Thus ends the saga of my disappointment with my Phantom. I give Phantom a thumbs up, as well as Mike @ CCI for making it, and Michael aka Have Blue @ ASP for helping me with the detent.

I have to say that I still like cockers better though LOL.

My Feedback Thread
Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Great to hear! I'm now adding 90 duro 006 o-rings to the detent mod, and they'll be going out on the Roundhead bodies.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI