mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   TPC (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/95608-tpc.html)

Lein 10-15-2009 10:37 PM

TPC

So I was taking apart my phantom today and realized that my tpc was moving around a bit too easily and that the nylon set screw wasn't holding well. I planned to take the tpc out and screw in the nylon set screw a bit so I could thread the tpc into it. But I remembered that the manual said something about not turning it too much clockwise since the threads could be damaged. So would that mean I should screw out the tpc through the front? Or does that only apply if the marker is gassed?

JohnWayne 10-16-2009 04:57 AM

Depending on how worn your set screw is it shouldn't take a lot to stop the TPC from moving. I always set my TPC where I last chronod and then screw in the set screw, this has always worked fine for me. If your set screw is getting worn down you can either get a metal set screw to put behind the nylon one to tighten it more, or you can just get a new nylon set screw. Oh, and the TPC won't screw out the front of the bolt only the back. When adjusting from the barrel side the 6 turn rule applies to turning clockwise and screwing the TPC out the back toward the hammer and power tube... and nothing good can come from your TPC coming out of the bolt while in the gun...

EDDAKA 10-16-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnWayne (Post 1015169)
Depending on how worn your set screw is it shouldn't take a lot to stop the TPC from moving. I always set my TPC where I last chronod and then screw in the set screw,

Problem is that the set screw is hard to access while it's inside the body. This also means you have to unscrew it everytime you adjust your velocity.

I bought about 10 nylon set screws from CCI a couple weeks ago. They're pretty cheap and hardly ever wear out if used properly.

JohnWayne 10-16-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDDAKA (Post 1015172)
Problem is that the set screw is hard to access while it's inside the body. This also means you have to unscrew it everytime you adjust your velocity.

I bought about 10 nylon set screws from CCI a couple weeks ago. They're pretty cheap and hardly ever wear out if used properly.

I guess the difference is that I've had my TPC in the same spot for a while now. I chrono'd at 270 and counted the turns on my TPC so that everytime I take apart my gun I just reset it to the same spot before putting it back together and tightening the set screw. I re-chrono everytime I go out and it's always the same velocity so I haven't had to adjust it since then, plus 270 keeps me safe all day as things heat up. If I had to change it, the set screw will hold it steady, it's just a little hard to move and moving it with the set screw locked down will wear it out faster. Though at 15 cents a pop I'm not that concerned and like you I've got about 10 of em' sitting around just in case:thumbup:

Lein 10-16-2009 04:46 PM

Ah thanks for the reply guys. I'm going to the hardware store to find a set screw that I can fit behind the nylon one. I do believe it is a 10/32?

Gogged_Gurl 10-16-2009 04:51 PM

no much smaller like a 6/32 you will also have to cut whatever set screw you find,its a little tricky

Timmycuddler 10-19-2009 06:27 PM

it is 10-32 and make a screw plate screw it in and grind it down so it will fit

Awesomo12000 11-18-2009 07:26 PM

10-32 seems a bit big.

Timmycuddler 11-20-2009 11:22 AM

it is 10-32
edit: and the reason you screw it in a little before the TPC is because when you cut into nylon it grips it hard. when machining without enough clamps the cutter will suck it up