mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Just falconing' around.

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have a raincover on a pump and have never been asked about it. Ones only two peices of PVC and some cottonballs away.
Edit: The raincover on my marker was made when they were still legal. (Though not shure when it was made)
"Hey, you know how people drive cross-country in their Corollas? And then need to get their oil changed, after a straight 1200 mile drive? Yes? Now take a good look at your blueprints. See that 'cage' in front of the oil filter?
Yeah, that's the exhaust manifold.
Go die. " - Deus Machina
My Spec-ops Feedback. http://forum.specialopspaintball.com...27&hl=Gas+mask
MCB feedback (Thanks Longbeard)
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Wants thread. http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...ted-often.html
DO NOT SHIP A PACKAGE TO ME VIA UPS.

Last edited by Gas mask; 10-16-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Gas mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

if you show up at a field with a giant home made PVC mess of a raincover you might have a issue,but if you get a factory raincover like a sanchez or a carter woosh you will be fine.

i have a woosh on my carter and i think the heavy ported open barrels like the palmers and the stifi are quieter,deffinatly use co2

you could also get into some LP tuning theres a ton of posts on the subject so search away.
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cheffer

I find the Carbon Fiber barrels are the quietest. My 14" Deadlywind Fibur on my phantom is stupid quiet.
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

When I ran CO2 and a 16" Dye Boomstick, I regularly got asked if my gun was shooting right even by people in the same bunker with me. It was without question the quietest set-up I've ever run. From the front, you'd hear the ball go past as loudly as the shot.

The 16" AA barrel I have bored out for Freak inserts seems to be just as quiet.

I'd agree with everyone else -porting and CO2.

Also, if you're playing woodsball and getting lit up after one shot regularly, that means you've probably either shot too quickly (wait until they're so close a branch isn't likely to be in the way) or you miss a lot. You can fix both of those holes and be sneaky even with a gun with a loud report.

My advice, don't shoot unless you can't miss. If you have to shoot when they're further away, try to time the single shot to line up with an increase in firing around the rest of the field and to occur when the person isn't looking in your direction.

If you shoot at people when they are looking in your direction and before they are so close that the ball will definitely get there, your problem is not how loudly your marker fires.

SSniper13
SSniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

A very expirenced chrono ref told me that my Phantom with a $25 14in J&J barrel was possibly the quietest marker hes heard. To bad iu can use it anymore since the field paint seems to mwork best with .681-.682
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
instead of a surpressor direct the sound back tword the user.i think i saw a barrel like that on techpb,like a raincover sealed in front and open in the back pretty effective i hear not to mention legal.
casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seņor Member

I think that was the Trinity Recon barrel, but you'd need some form of barrel adapter because I don't think they make it in Phantom threads.

battlechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

main question is what type of barrel you using. i have dye boomstick on my phantom if set right it quite. like most people say raincover are hit and miss at some place too. since looks like silencers to some. i got this too a lot When I ran CO2 and a 12" Dye Boomstick, I regularly got asked if my gun was shooting right. all depends on set up and how well gun cleaned.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
main question is what type of barrel you using. i have dye boomstick on my phantom if set right it quite. like most people say raincover are hit and miss at some place too. since looks like silencers to some. i got this too a lot When I ran CO2 and a 12" Dye Boomstick, I regularly got asked if my gun was shooting right. all depends on set up and how well gun cleaned.
I am shooting the stock .686 14".
soccerdude123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

do live near any one that plays with phantom. if so ask to see if can try there after market barrels. i say try these Stiffi barre, framton barrel that use freaks dye boomstick or one piece barrels, 14" Deadlywind Fibur or all American barrel if has lots of ports will make gun quite if set up right. what i would do if knew some close by that had them barrels to try before go head on in buying something that will make it quite.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI