mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 11-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Yes, the duckslide one piece feeds are 12 rounds.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

Nah, 15 rounds are too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

one other thing you could do is find some near you and try out the phantom with 10 round tube or 15 round tube. but have to have some near you with phantom set up that way. at least get try to see like first before buying it. for me any new guns out there i would try to test them out first before i use them
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
one other thing you could do is find some near you and try out the phantom with 10 round tube or 15 round tube. but have to have some near you with phantom set up that way. at least get try to see like first before buying it. for me any new guns out there i would try to test them out first before i use them
I've used a VSC Phantom a time or two before at my local field's pump only days and love the 10 round setup. My local field just went out of business last month so there are no more pump days, and the team of guys that runs Phantoms are all well over an hour away. Trying another setup isn't really an option for me. I'm thinking I'd be very content with getting a 15 round tube and cutting it down to 12. Just waiting on Christmas bonus time to get here to see what I'll be working with.

*Hey boss, remember all those days I worked late while you were out riding your horses.......*
xX TANK Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
...or just buy the phantom with both 10 & 15 round feeds!
sniper97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Captain Hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelpena View Post
I buy the 15 and cut it down to hold 12 rounds, that way I don't have to be completely empty to reload. and the 15 is too long.

Did the same thing, 15 was just too long for me.

Blarg Honk

ebe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I have the 15 and its not too long when you through a t-stock on there. It doesn't get in the way and, like others have said here, allows you to use a whole 10 round tube and still have a few balls in the tube in case you need them. I play with a group of guys with electros and you need that extra 2-3 shots and its nice to have them ready to go should one of those opportunistic fellas try to rush you when you are reloading.

But, the beauty of the phantom is its ease of configuration. Just buy both tubes for a few dollars more and you can screw in which ever feed you like or need for the task at hand.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning-is-my-hero View Post
I have the 15 and its not too long when you through a t-stock on there. It doesn't get in the way and, like others have said here, allows you to use a whole 10 round tube and still have a few balls in the tube in case you need them.
It depends on how long your arms are and the position you have your T-stock in. With mine on my T-stock the end cap of the 15 round tube is about an inch away from my mask lens which I don't find comfortable.
sunshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshaker View Post
It depends on how long your arms are and the position you have your T-stock in. With mine on my T-stock the end cap of the 15 round tube is about an inch away from my mask lens which I don't find comfortable.
I guess I am just longer than others.

I don't know if it helps for comparison, but I'm 6'2" and I guess my arms are decent length.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Run?

Brass N Wood Fan
I know I'm reviving an old thread but I felt it warrants revisiting. I took the advice posted here and cut down my 15 round tube. Rather than just take a hack saw to it, I measured out the cut first using a set of digital calipers. I used them to score a ring around the tube to ensure an even cut. I then notched the tube using the cutting wheel on my dremel to get the cut started for the hack saw. after cutting through, I took the grinding wheel on my Dremel to smooth out the rough edges. I finished it off with some 400 grit sandpaper to smooth off the edges and remove any burs left over. All in all, I took off 1.75" from the tube. It will now hold 12-13 balls if I pack them to the end of the feedgate. Now I can properly aim down the top without bumping it into my face. Also, I can now get a proper grip on the 12 gram changer where I couldn't before. It also looks a lot cleaner than it did with that big honkin' 15 rounder on top. Thanks for the advice!

My Feedback Thread

JonM is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI