mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   phantom question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/99217-phantom-question.html)

chevysany1? 11-18-2009 01:31 AM

phantom question

well i run my phantom with a 13/3000 hpa tank with it. it also has a stock wgp reg on it. my problem is that that I can't get the velocity any higher than 260. Anybody have any suggestions that can help my problem. People told me to get rid of the reg all together but if I can work around it then that would be better thanks for the help.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...17091911-1.jpg

Stripes 11-18-2009 01:42 AM

someone drilled out the center of their TPC to increase flow- since you're running regged, you don't have to use it anymore
you may have to change springs, the easiest way to get the velocity higher is to trim your valve spring, but that will lead to lower effeciency

chevysany1? 11-18-2009 01:47 AM

ive seen some tpcs that have been drilled out but i dont think that will be good for me...i also heard of changing the main spring but i dont know if it was to a stiffer spring or a softer spring???

psychosplinter 11-18-2009 02:12 AM

I had the same problem when I ran my Phantom with a Torpedo and a 13/3000k. I just took off the reg and i got it to run at 290. That'd be the simpler route, but changing springs isn't that hard. Gogged_gurl i think put it best for a Phantom using air, "stock valve spring, blue mainspring 2.5-3 turns on the TPC."

1996XJ 11-18-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevysany1? (Post 1055167)
well i run my phantom with a 13/3000 hpa tank with it. it also has a stock wgp reg on it. my problem is that that I can't get the velocity any higher than 260. Anybody have any suggestions that can help my problem. People told me to get rid of the reg all together but if I can work around it then that would be better thanks for the help.

Why are you double regging it? The Phantom was designed to run off roughly 800psi. The valve will compensate down to about 600psi but below that the veloctiy starts to drop. I dont think you will seen any improvements from regulationg it twice.

1996XJ 11-18-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stripes (Post 1055172)
someone drilled out the center of their TPC to increase flow- since you're running regged, you don't have to use it anymore

The nelson valve is somewhat balanced to compensate for changes in pressure, so its not the most accurate way of changing velocity.

chevysany1? 11-18-2009 12:21 PM

I didn't know I was "double" regging it. this regulator came with the gun and I have the stock main spring in the gun.

so just take off the reg and get a simple air-thru grip...these should work right???cause i dont want to have to buy something else if its not gonna solve my problem.

PMI Rubber Gas-Thru Foregrips @ Direct Paintball

or

Custom Products Gas Thru the Grip -Dust Black: cp-gas-thru-grip Paintball Guns Store - Tippmann Spyder BT Empire Ion Paintball Guns

thanks for all the help guys

EDDAKA 11-18-2009 12:45 PM

Or...

ASP Online Store: CCI ASA Reducer

chevysany1? 11-18-2009 12:53 PM

ive looked at that option a few times but ive been playing with that reg as a "grip" you can say..thats why i was hoping i can have something similar to that..would istill run into problems by getting a gas-thru??

sunshaker 11-18-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevysany1? (Post 1055558)
ive looked at that option a few times but ive been playing with that reg as a "grip" you can say..thats why i was hoping i can have something similar to that..would istill run into problems by getting a gas-thru??

So you pump the marker, let go of the pump and grab the reg, shoot, let go of the reg and grab the pump, pump the marker, repeat after every time you shoot? You can't have a very high rate of fire and it would be almost impossible for you to take advantage of the Phantom's autotrigger. Even the people that shoot Snipers and other pumps don't hold them the way you do (unless they have a hitman mod on the pump).

If you are going to hold it that way you really should look into a hitman mod (if you can find one for your pump kit). It might be worth considering changing your method of holding the pump.

Or if the reg can handle CO2 then it might, might be worth switching to CO2.