mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #2311 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I have been thinking left handed bolt action would be better for some people for a long time, I may prefer it over right hand but we will see.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #2312 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
all my goodies are in. lol.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #2313 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Well, you are still missing one important goodie! LOL

The SR-1 to mount all that stuff on!!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #2314 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I have been thinking left handed bolt action would be better for some people for a long time, I may prefer it over right hand but we will see.
Wouldn't that be as easy as opening a second slot on the drivers side and then drill and tap the other side of the bolt to receive the handle? I mean, the VM-68 had it 20 years ago and it would allow the user to chose the side as he/she pleases.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #2315 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
all my goodies are in. lol.
You mean my soon to be had goodies...
Old 07-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #2316 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
Wouldn't that be as easy as opening a second slot on the drivers side and then drill and tap the other side of the bolt to receive the handle? I mean, the VM-68 had it 20 years ago and it would allow the user to chose the side as he/she pleases.
If both sides were slotted it would make the bolt ambidextrous but you would then also need a feed port on that side and with the port on both sides loading would be a PITA and it would allow a lot of area for debris to get in the marker. Designated left and right side action is necessary in this application, as you are loading and actuating the action of the gun with the same hand.

I think keeping my right hand on the grip frame, and leaving my offhand to work the bolt and reload shells will be best for me, but it may not be true for everyone or even myself, we will see, there truly is only one way to know and that's to get this first batch of markers out for some serious R&D and many varying play styles and individual opinions. Now I have a reason to try first strikes.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #2317 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
I'm still having a really tough time deciding what to put on it. I'm debating between a good ol' Vietnam style OR your standard M4 style. Nothing fancy in regardless of which way I go, just can't decide!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #2318 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
If both sides were slotted it would make the bolt ambidextrous but you would then also need a feed port on that side and with the port on both sides loading would be a PITA and it would allow a lot of area for debris to get in the marker. Designated left and right side action is necessary in this application, as you are loading and actuating the action of the gun with the same hand.

I think keeping my right hand on the grip frame, and leaving my offhand to work the bolt and reload shells will be best for me, but it may not be true for everyone or even myself, we will see, there truly is only one way to know and that's to get this first batch of markers out for some serious R&D and many varying play styles and individual opinions. Now I have a reason to try first strikes.
I think that if it was easier to use a left handed bolt as a right handed shooter wouldn't the military have went that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'm still having a really tough time deciding what to put on it. I'm debating between a good ol' Vietnam style OR your standard M4 style. Nothing fancy in regardless of which way I go, just can't decide!
Same here I have it narrowed down to a few low cost choices. I'm sure as heck not spending a lot of money on stuff that won't make a difference in performance.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #2319 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
flip a quarter? heads = vietnam; tails = standard sytle??!??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #2320 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
flip a quarter? heads = vietnam; tails = standard sytle??!??!
Okay, got the quarter. Do I flip it and catch it and then flip it onto the back of my hand? Let it hit the table and stop? Let it hit the floor?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM