mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 06-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
SOPC member. I want a T2!

Lots of T2 Questions

I really want a T2 and have done TONS of research on them. Though, I have some questions.

1- What are the benefits/drawbacks of each frame. 86, 45, or 45 thin. I know no one personally that has a CCM marker so it is pretty hard for me to "try" each one out. Therefore, I want anything and everything you know about them.

2-What is the difference between the standard pump handle and t-grip? I had never even heard of the t-grip until I read about them on here the other day.

3- Which feedneck would I want and why. I will probably be using a combination of hoppers between my rotor, winchester hopper, and a sportshot.

4- So I was going to buy the full sizers kit, but then I heard everyone saying about how even the smallest size is so big. So why would I even want to buy the whole kit?

Thanks and I appreciate all of the help guys!
5N1P3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5N1P3R View Post
I really want a T2 and have done TONS of research on them. Though, I have some questions.

1- What are the benefits/drawbacks of each frame. 86, 45, or 45 thin. I know no one personally that has a CCM marker so it is pretty hard for me to "try" each one out. Therefore, I want anything and everything you know about them.

IMHO it's all personal preference. I've shot them all. The 86 will give you a slightly shorter setup so if you have a short tank and/or short rail it may be close. Won't be an issue with a T2 though since there's no backblock.

2-What is the difference between the standard pump handle and t-grip? I had never even heard of the t-grip until I read about them on here the other day.

Check the pics in the "endless options" thread. Again, personal preference. The T grip is very comfy, but so is the EZ grip.

3- Which feedneck would I want and why. I will probably be using a combination of hoppers between my rotor, winchester hopper, and a sportshot.

Just get the standard feedneck. Should work for everything. Anything shorter and you may have to cut the feedneck on your hoppers, which may be a problem for gravity fed hoppers.

4- So I was going to buy the full sizers kit, but then I heard everyone saying about how even the smallest size is so big. So why would I even want to buy the whole kit?
I think this is a squeaky wheel scenario. Plenty of people are happy with the full run of sizers. I don't have any of the newest sizers and I've been plenty happy with my .684 and .681 for 99.9% of the paint I've shot over the last year.

Check my responses in the quote.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5N1P3R View Post

I personally prefer the 86 for pumps myself, but a nice 45 for semi's. It all depends on how tight you want your set up.

The T grip is a little bigger, and sits lower than the standard pump.

I believe I have the No-pro neck, er something. It's about a half inch high, but doesn't have any space in the stack. Though I have a team mate that uses the tiny one (low pro I think), and hasn't had any issues with it. I like the bigger one for a little better grip IMO

Also being in Minnesota, I can't say you should have too big of an issue. Last Sunday I was playing, and the .679 was too small, I had to switch to a different barrel kit so I could use a .684 sizer. Though different regions have different paint sizes.

If you come out to Splat Tag at some point (I'll be there this Sunday), you're more than welcome to try out my T2 if you'd like. I have the 86* frame on it.
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks.

Here is my big dilemma right now. I am making a custom case right now for a T2 from Moati at Special Ops Paintball. Though, I want the right barrel for it. And I need to know relatively fast.

Do I want the stock barrel with full sizer kit? Or Deadlywind with some freak inserts.

And Drachen, what sizes come with the sizer kit and what sizes do you usually use?
Old 06-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
So say we all!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I just ordered the .679 with my gun, due to low-ish funds. Though if you have the money, I would go with the full insert kit. I believe that comes with 5 backs (.679, .681, .684, .687, .689....I think...). The stock barrel is one of the best barrels in my opinion (I use it on my Superstock as well).

Though if you're set on a carbon fiber kit, try to find a CCM kit, though you can't go wrong with a Deadlywinds kit either.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Would I ever even use the .687 and .689 though? And is the stock barrel quiet. That is my biggest thing with the barrel.

I am not set on a carbon fiber barrel. I am set on the quietest setup.

And you also said in your first post that what grip I want depends on how tight of a setup I want. I want a small, compact, light set-up. I will be using this marker in both the woods and in speedball. So would I want the 45? Thanks.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
So say we all!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Dunno, about the grip. I use mine normally in the woods, with some speedball tossed in. And it's worked well for me. Though it's more about feeling, than where you play.

With the barrel, the stock barrel is pretty quiet. Not sure how loud it is compared to a CF barrel, though I've always thought CF is normally quieter.

The .687, and .689 probably wouldn't be used very often, unless you have a open bolt gun you might want to slap the barrel on. It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it in my opinion lol.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Alright thank you. And how much is it for the full kit. Any idea?
Old 06-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

I got an email detailing the info for the T2. The barrel sizing thing isn't an issue anymore, they made two more smaller sizers recently.

Quote:
If when you buy your marker you decide you want the full barrel kit,
it would be an extra $80. That would include the .675, .677, .679, .681, .684, .687, .690 sizers
the barrel and the CCM barrel case. Standardly, individually the sizers are $16.50 ea. and the case $22.
I just shot my new DW in my boiler room, which usually makes me go deaf with most barrels, as the walls amplify the sound signature immensely. DW was very quiet, no ringing in my ear, which is a first.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM