mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 07-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
PB is my mission field

CCM Fan
My first :(

I have a No-Pro feed neck on my beastly T2, and when I went to put on my new Extreme Rage Multi Caliber Gravity Hopper ( aka Sport Shot ) I got sad. Due to the taper of the neck on the hopper, the no-pro feed neck will not tighten enough to hold the hopper on.

I know it is a small thing to fix with duct tape or electrical tape, I just wish it worked better.

I hope everyone has a great 4th!

this is in no way or form complaining about CCM products, just to warn people who are going to buy that hopper so you don't get surprised. I can still use my Rotor or DXS gravity hopper just fine.
Christ Krew Member #46
TCPAINTBALL.COM FOR ALL YOUR PAINTBALL NEEDS!
BASIC SUPPORT BRACELET
Feedback 8+/0- Over 100 positive feedback on ebay under my screen name.

Last edited by duos_scythe; 07-02-2010 at 11:59 AM.
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by duos_scythe View Post
I have a No-Pro feed neck on my beastly T2, and when I went to put on my new Extreme Rage Multi Caliber Gravity Hopper ( aka Sport Shot ) I got sad. Due to the taper of the neck on the hopper, the no-pro feed neck will not tighten enough to hold the hopper on.

I know it is a small thing to fix with duct tape or electrical tape, I just wish it worked better.

I hope everyone has a great 4th!
CCM makes a special feedneck for hoppers with smaller necks..

Problem solved.
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Try some electrical tape, simple fix, no need to be sad....... I hear a lot of people gripe about this and I just don't get it.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ITs what quite a few people say, 600 for a custom marker and you would expect that the feedneck fits straights off the bat... I dont have one so i wont comment...
3L1te hax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L1te hax View Post
ITs what quite a few people say, 600 for a custom marker and you would expect that the feedneck fits straights off the bat... I dont have one so i wont comment...
Sadly, there is no industry standard for hopper feedneck size.

At least CCM makes a feedneck specifically for those undersized loaders. I don't know of any other manufacturers that do...
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L1te hax View Post
Considering not all feednecks on hoppers are the same, there isn't going to be one neck on a gun that can fit all hoppers no problem. The fact that CCM offers other feednecks to compensate for hopper companies neck issues, shows you that they're doing everything they can to make you happy. So maybe you should look at all sides of that problem, before you start jumping down the throat of CCM.

Or maybe truly not comment, when you don't know what you're talking about.
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
so the feedneck tapers outward?

lets see what i can do here about visualizing what i mean

(hopper)
/ \
| | <--area that normally goes into feedneck
because if your using a no-pro you should be cutting the excess feedneck off, thats the only way i can thing that the feedneck would have an issue with a no pro..

id definitly like to know, because thats one of the configurations ive been thinking of doing with my new gun (which will have a no-pro)

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Well, all the POS $1500 Ego's and Luxes and other electro whizbangin-hoopties have big feednecks too, you don't hear all the agg-leets complainig about them. Ask one of those companies to make a special feedneck and see what they say.

Like stated, CCM has solved that problem w/ a diffrent feedneck specifically for those hoppers. Its not their fault people don't order them. I really get irritated when misinformed people pizz and moan about it because there is no reason for it. What ever happened to just putting some tape on it and going out to play with it. Its like if it isn't delivered by bouncing gummy bears and doesn't fit together like an astronaughts toolbelt assembled by pixies and wizards, people just can't wait to get online and complain. Stick some tape on it and rock it. I have almost 3k$ in CCM guns (soon to be closer to 4), I just use some tape and I have never batted an eye about it.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
so the feedneck tapers outward?

lets see what i can do here about visualizing what i mean

(hopper)
/ \
| | <--area that normally goes into feedneck
because if your using a no-pro you should be cutting the excess feedneck off, thats the only way i can thing that the feedneck would have an issue with a no pro..

id definitly like to know, because thats one of the configurations ive been thinking of doing with my new gun (which will have a no-pro)

Tracker
The 'issue' in this thread, if you can call it that, isn't with hopper feedneck length so much as hopper feedneck thickness. The Winchester is known to have a very thin feedneck (and it seems the new Extreme Rage hopper is much the same, if slightly tapered as well), so players often wrap the neck a couple times with electrical tape to get it to fit into their markers' clamping feednecks securely.

If a few circuits of electrical tape around the hopper feedneck aren't your thing, CCM offers a more elegant solution - a smaller feedneck made specifically for these atypically-narrow hopper feednecks.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
PB is my mission field

CCM Fan
I'm not sad about the T2 just the $10 dollar hopper that was redesigned for pump players, but then has a weird tapered neck. Ya it fits on my Geo and Ego9. CCM makes quality stuff, and I have no problem with them. Maybe I'll buy some epoxy and fill in the spaces on the hopper feed neck.
Christ Krew Member #46
TCPAINTBALL.COM FOR ALL YOUR PAINTBALL NEEDS!
BASIC SUPPORT BRACELET
Feedback 8+/0- Over 100 positive feedback on ebay under my screen name.
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM