mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   S6 Velocity Issues (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/126169-s6-velocity-issues.html)

240SX 07-04-2010 06:24 PM

S6 Velocity Issues

I was out to the field today and my teammate handed me his S6 that I'm going to be buying from him very shortly. Anyways when I went to chrony the marker the FPS was all over the map, I'm talking 290-150. I tried to adjust the reg but it didn't make a difference. I didn't have a tool that would fit the IVG to try that. Any idea what could be causing this?

Gunz 07-04-2010 06:27 PM

Dirty or too much grease on bolt or hammer can cause that.

jedimast5 07-04-2010 08:50 PM

i would give it a complete tuneup overhaul. clean a re lube the reg. and set the reg to 300psi and never adjust it again. only use ivg for velocity.

Spoon 07-04-2010 09:07 PM

Just to back up what some have already said

1) Don't adjust the reg for fine tuning velocity.

2) The IVG uses a 1/8" allen or you could remove the cocking rod an use a slightly larger wrench (not sure what size)

3) Make sure your paint matches the barrel. If it doesn't and a ball rolls part way down the barrel you would certainly see that kind of behavior.

4) Make sure you have fresh batteries in the gun...oh wait...nevermind.

The S6's are pretty robust so I would suspect a barrel match issue but cleaning and lubing certainly wouldn't hurt.

240SX 07-05-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

4) Make sure you have fresh batteries in the gun...oh wait...nevermind.
Thanks man, I'm sitting to my desk at work and you just made me laugh out loud, got a few odd looks, haha. From what I know of the history of the marker, it has only seen 1 game off woodsball. Not 1 season, 1 game. This thing is in fantastic shape! I'll stick it over the chrony at home tonight and make sure the paint and bore match is perfect and see what that does. When I looked at the IVG I saw the three smaller holes in a triangle pattern on it. I figured I'd need a tool like I use on my Karnivor IVG to adjust it, I never even thought of removing the cocking rod and using an allen key. Man I feel stupid.

nostayhome 07-05-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240SX (Post 1378616)
I never even thought of removing the cocking rod and using an allen key.

You don't even have to remove the cocking rod to adjust the ivg. Oh the greatness of CCM.

Spoon 07-05-2010 02:52 PM

Yeah, each of the three holes are 1/8". It takes a little doing but you can just stick the short end of an Allan in there and turn it.

senghing27 07-05-2010 03:12 PM

If sweet spotting doesn't help. Check the oring between the valve stem and cup seal.

Target 07-05-2010 06:34 PM

TF has videos on Youtube explainining a lot on the S6 and other CCM guns.
He dissassembles, cleans. times, adjusts etc.
Lots of good info.

Start with this one and check out the others in the series.

YouTube - CCM Tech Video - How to set the Velocity on a Chipley Pump Marker

240SX 07-05-2010 09:13 PM

Thanks guys.