mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   CCM AIR FIttings Question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/128998-ccm-air-fittings-question.html)

Lift-off Oversteer 07-29-2010 02:39 AM

CCM AIR FIttings Question

I got a new s6.5 with airfitting's

Kind of a dumb questions but how do I remove them?? I want to switch the sides of where the fitting is on the asa-on/off? also the side that does not have the fitting i can't remove any ideas

Disco 07-29-2010 07:55 AM

Well, i dont own a CCM marker...yet. But, from what ive seen in the other threads, and reading about the new fittings. Im going to say you take an allen key, and undo the screw on the fitting.

For the plug in the ASA, take a 3/16" allen key, and turn. Not sure if they use loctite or something on them during assembly, someone else can chime in on that one. But, a hair dryer on high can get the piece warm enough to crack it loose without any damage.

duff muffin 07-29-2010 08:53 AM

The plug should just have thread tape on it, and maybe some blue loctite, it shouldn't be to hard. And the fitting should have an allen key screw also.

freebird 07-29-2010 09:32 AM

If you have the new style air fittings they have been blue loc tighted in place. remove the visible allen screw and slide off the aluminum piece, leaving just the stainless shaft in the gun.
You will need to heat up the part slightly (hair dryer, heat gun) then remove the fitting. Insert your smallest allen key into the one of the 4 holes and use it to gain leverage to remove the fitting. When re-locating the fitting. A small ammount of blue loc-tight should be enough. Thread the shaft in finger tight then re-insert the allen key into the holes to tighten. DO NOT need to hulk the thing on there, just a little more than snug will be enough. Apply a little oil to the o-rings on the shaft/screw. slide the aluminum piece onto the shaft, apply a little blue loc tight on the retaining allen screw and re attach. Be sure to position the macro fitting in the correct direction before tightening down the screw.

Your best bet....
call CCM, tell them you need help with your fittings, Rod will walk you through how to do it. 1-877-412-6850

Lift-off Oversteer 07-31-2010 12:05 PM

so new problem with air fittings.... They look great!!! but I wont seal on the macro line. I have pushed them in all the way, but as soon as I air up the gun the line shoots off. when I look at the macro line end it has a chunk missing from it. could the fitting be defective??

SPC. Cejka 07-31-2010 12:18 PM

is everyone have this problem?

Spoon 07-31-2010 08:52 PM

I had the same problem when I first aired it up. It blew right off at the reg fitting. Then I degassed, shoved it back in, gave it a tug and then aired it up and it seemed fine. I didn't leave it connected for an extended amount of time. Just a minute or so.

Talfuchre 07-31-2010 10:19 PM

If you don't shove ANY macro fitting in tight - it will blow off - it uses pressure to seal.

Make sure she is in far.

TF

rheeep 08-01-2010 08:11 PM

So I played with my new T2 and fittings for the first time today. I aired it up with a 68/45 tank and no leaks at all. Then I tried using a 13/3000 and it leaked from both fittings. Reconnected the 68/45 and no leaks. Then tried my son's 45/45 and it leaked. Played the rest of the day with the 68 which never had a leak. So it looks like my fittings like a lot of volume. I'd like to be able to run the 13 ci for a lighter setup. Any suggestion?...and yes I'm planning on calling CCM first thing in the morning.

Lift-off Oversteer 08-01-2010 10:11 PM

upon closer inspection with some people a the west coast pump weekend in victoria. Their is a inner o-ring that might need to be replaced I will try this later tonight when I clean my gear I'll post if this has helped/made any difference to the leaking