mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   T2 Questions... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/131274-t2-questions.html)

oOMassacreOo 08-18-2010 05:19 AM

T2 Questions...

I'm plan on buying a T2 here in the near future and just have a few questions since this will be my first CCM. What are the recommended barrels and bore sizers for the T2? I plan on using a carbon fiber barrel for a lighter set up. I was planning on a Dye Boomstick, any thoughts on that? As far as bore sizers, I was planning on sticking with CCMs... could depend on what others recommend. Next question is about the grip frame. How is the 86 frame on the T2 as far as comfort and feel. Being a cocker pump guy, I'm very familiar with the 45 and thin 45 frames... just not familiar with the 86 frame. Any other tips or recommendations would be appreciated. Mahalo in advance for any help.

LoneWolf 08-18-2010 05:41 AM

Probably nothing larger than a .687 - I'm actually anxious to get the new, sub .679 sizers when they are available, paint is just getting tiny & you need a good fit to prevent roll-outs.

Disco 08-18-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oOMassacreOo (Post 1435808)
I'm plan on buying a T2 here in the near future and just have a few questions since this will be my first CCM. What are the recommended barrels and bore sizers for the T2? I plan on using a carbon fiber barrel for a lighter set up. I was planning on a Dye Boomstick, any thoughts on that? As far as bore sizers, I was planning on sticking with CCMs... could depend on what others recommend. Next question is about the grip frame. How is the 86 frame on the T2 as far as comfort and feel. Being a cocker pump guy, I'm very familiar with the 45 and thin 45 frames... just not familiar with the 86 frame. Any other tips or recommendations would be appreciated. Mahalo in advance for any help.

What bore size to use will vary depending on your location, and paint manufacturer, your best bet would be to go to your local field, and talk to the people who play there, and see what size they use. Then get a couple sizers in or around that size. The 86 frame, for me, is super comfortable, the most comfortable grip IVE ever used....might not be for you, though. Find someone with an 86 frame, try it out.

Castro #66 08-18-2010 07:17 AM

I've been using everything under .682 for 2 years now. The .675 and .677 work great, of course. A standard Boomstick is unlikely to do the trick.

I've owned the 86 frames, and I just don't play as well with them, though haven't tried one on a T2, I suppose.

crazyorigin 08-18-2010 07:18 AM

The 86 frames definetly have a diffrent feel to them. I prefer them w/ the rubber Hogue wrap arounds they used to come with, and are available separately still just not from CCM. I like the 45 frames also, both are comfy, I switch back and forth all the time.

oOMassacreOo 08-18-2010 09:43 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I was thinking to either run a Dye Boomstick and buy different CCM bore sizers or a Deadly Wind and a freak insert set. Any feedback from those that run either or have run would be appreciated. The 86* frame looks really comfortable too.

crazyorigin 08-18-2010 10:01 AM

The deadly wind barrels are very nice, nicest carbon fiber barrels I have seen. Have youseen the barrel sizer top tube for the T2? It puts the sizers in the gun body and will allow you to run any cocker threaded barrel you would like, the tube kit comes w/ a nice Ccm barrel too. I have been shooting my stock CCM barrels for a while now and they shoot just as good as anything else.

oOMassacreOo 08-18-2010 10:32 AM

Mahalo for the feedback. A lot of help from everyone here. I plan on buying multiple CCM bore backs and a Dye Boomstick. I think that'll be a solid set up.

crazyorigin 08-18-2010 11:52 AM

Take note that the standard CCM barrel sizers will not take any barrel for a tip. I believe the Stiffi Switch is the only other barrel that works w/ the CCM backs. Their top tube kit w/ the sizers will work w/ any cocker threaded barrel, a one pc would be ideal w/ that option, one is provided.

oOMassacreOo 08-18-2010 12:07 PM

Interesting... I didn't know that, I thought the standard CCM Bore backs were standard cocker threaded. If not, it may just be cheaper to run a DeadlyWind CF and a Freak insert kit. I really appreciate all the help.