mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Aggalicious

T2 Help

I just recieved my t2, it is in great shape, but a few problems. When I got it, it was leaking down the barrel, I fiddled with the IVG a little bit, and got it up to 270 fps with no leak, but it wouldnt go higher. Now the pump stroke is extremely hard to pull, and I am at a loss now.

EDIT: on the return stroke the pump will not return itself.

Last edited by AbeShip; 08-24-2010 at 04:26 PM.
AbeShip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
It sounds to me like you have two unrelated problems...probably.

I've got some thoughts.

1) If you aren't familiar with CCM guns (or T2's specifically) check out TF's videos. They have complete breakdown, cleaning and assembly.

2) It's probably something simple causing the pump binding. Are the torx screws in the back secure? Are you twisting the pump handle? Do not try to adjust the pump rods at the pump plate, but you can loosen the torx screws and just see if it will slide freely through the guides in the body. If that works, tighten the torx screws a little at a time, alternating until you've got them snug. Also, do you know if there's a return spring in the pump handle?

3) You really need a reg tester to diagnose your velocity issue. A chrono would help with sweetspotting the reg but a reg tester would be ideal. You could also try cleaning the hammer and chronoing again. Any gunk in there will affect your velocity.

4) If all else fails, you can travel about 2 hours south to play with a band of legit pump players that also happens to have a couple of decent gun techs.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Also, if those suggestions don't work or you want more input, you may be better off posting in the CCM section or asking one of the mods to move this for you.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Aggalicious

It seems that what is binding the pump is the bolt itself, I don't understand why, it just seems like without the bolt in it slides fine but with it in it wont hardly slide at all.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxpro69 View Post
It seems that what is binding the pump is the bolt itself, I don't understand why, it just seems like without the bolt in it slides fine but with it in it wont hardly slide at all.
It's probably the pump arms. If the bolt is not there, the mis-aligned pump arms have nothing stopping them from readjusting. With the bolt installed, the bolt doesn't let the arms twist as needed.

Try loosening the torx screws, maybe 1-2 turns.

If you can get the pump stroke smooth from there by just twisting the pump arms a little bit then...

Cock the gun (so the back block is all the way back or at least part way) and start to tighten up the screws. Keep the bolt in. This should help you line things up.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
If I were you - I would call Rod at CCM and have him talk you through it. This is NOT the marker to simply rip apart if you don't understand the basics of what make a pump tick.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bacon

Send a message via AIM to O CAB05

You said the return part of the pump stroke won't return. Check to see if your return spring inside the pump handle is broken (in two pieces). My return spring broke on my s6 before and it wouldn't return. So I went ghetto and used rubber bands as my "return spring".
Old 08-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
nab
stupidly stupid

Send a message via AIM to nab

It is definitely bind. I would call ccm I am sure they can talk you through what you need to do it is very simple but can seem tricky at first.

Feedback
nab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Aggalicious

Ok, the pump stroke will return easily without the bolt in, but when I try to slide the bolt into the body, it is very difficult to get in, almost as if the bolt has enlarged. Basically I am going to try to get this working, then I will worry about the other issues.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
nab
stupidly stupid

Send a message via AIM to nab

The problem has nothing to do with the bolt itself. It is because the back plate (what hold the bolt and pin) is not correctly aligned to the body of your t2. What this causes is the bolt to go in at a very slight angle which creates pressure in the pump rods causing bind. All you have to do is loosen the two t-10 torx screws on the back of the plate with the bolt in and slowly tighten them evenly so the back plate correctly aligns with the body of the gun. It can take a few tries to get it done properly so patients counts on this part.

I can tell you that this has nothing to do with the bolt, The bolt is not causing this problem. The back being misaligned is causing the bolt to not align with the body.

do what spoon said.

Feedback
nab is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM