mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-28-2010, 03:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Uhh it is a useless product. That gauge is a piece of crap, and an ASA can be had for free from anyone who has been playing paintball for a while, or maybe a few dollars.

You can get ASA's that bleed for dirt cheap too..easy.

Fact is that the gauge is garbage and is not good for precise adjustments -at all- it will work for getting a regulator in the right pressure range, provided that the gauge isn't broken or doesn't break.

There is nothing to "try" before we knock this product. We KNOW that the gauge is crap, so we know that the product isn't worth much. If they had a decent gauge on there I would have posted saying "Cool" instead. Making that product is as easy as screwing a gauge to an on/off ASA, plugging the other hole of the ASA if it isn't plugged already, threading in the regulator, and running an air line from that regulator to your tank on a different ASA. There ya go. Make one out of your gearbag.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Still over priced and useless. The range of the gauge is only 0-200.
Input pressure of say an NT is around 130 psi. Not much use in a 600/900/1200 psi gauge if you are only going to a max of 150 psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
and i thought the HYPER 3 was a std asa thread?
They make both a standard threaded and their special threaded Hyper 3's. According to this, you can swap the top pieces back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANSGear
The Dye Regulator pressure tester will work on all Small Thread Hyper 3 regs. via Google...

The new DYE Reg tester is the perfect tool for adjusting your Hyper 3 regulator to the optimal pressure setting for your DYE gun.

Fits the following Dye/Proto Guns:
Dye DM9
Dye DM10
Dye NT
Proto Rail 09
Proto Rail 2010
Proto SLG
I don't believe this has standard ASA threading. If someone has one of the above guns, how are they supposed to use a standard bottomline considering the threads are different? Sure, anyone without one of these guns can purchase a cheap bottomline and then a decent gauge. The thing is this product isn't marketed to anyone other than someone that owns one of the above guns. Good for Dye to produce something no one else has. Before someone would have to purchase another Hyper 3 with standard ASA threads just so that they could swap the threaded parts.

Now whether the nonstandard threads were a good idea to begin with is a whole 'nother can of worms...
Angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
Its a good product for those who own a new reg threaded DM/PM.

For those of us who use a regular threaded reg, just buy a cheap on/off with bleed and a reg.

Or buy this gauge like I did and a few other pieces and you are set. Plus I know its fairly accurate.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
for the second time

there is an adapter out there, i said it once (though i did say it was made by CP, but i was wrong,
) however, since people keep forgetting what im sayong, ill post the link up directly
Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
for the second time

there is an adapter out there, i said it once (though i did say it was made by CP, but i was wrong,
) however, since people keep forgetting what im sayong, ill post the link up directly
Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment

Tracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANSGear
It's all in the name, this adaptor allows you to install a traditionally threaded regulator on your Dye/Proto gun.
How can you check a Hyper3 reg with DYE's threads with this? The female thread is a normal ASA thread with the male thread being DYE's thread. If it were reverse, that would work wonderfully with a cheap standard reg tester. Also, it is the same price as Dye's product without a gauge or even a gauge port.

Those are for standard ASA threads.
Angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Still over priced and useless. The range of the gauge is only 0-200.
I know, but not by as far as I figured it would be.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

It's a Dye product, for Dye guns, running a Dye regulator. It's not very expensive. The gauge is adequate for the task.

Why are people complaining? Are they bored?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD.Pump View Post
It's a Dye product, for Dye guns, running a Dye regulator. It's not very expensive. The gauge is adequate for the task.

Why are people complaining? Are they bored?
Here on MCB if a product isn't the BEST it can be, people love to complain... Its the way it goes.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Airsmith \ Tech

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
For the tinkerers out there, the new pressure tester from dye is the only thing (as far as i've seen) you can use to test the mini-ASA threaded hyper 3 regulators on the new Dye markers.

The tester has the small threads on it and a very nice push-button bleed system. True the gage isn't the best, but if you're a true tinkerer or tech you already have gages to replace it with. I have my own reg-testing platform i use on a regular basis when i do gun repairs but it only has the standard ASA threads on it, I bought this new one just so i can test the Dye regs that come through the shop without having to guess "oh, is 150 psi 3.5 or 4 turns out..."

they're great for tech's and those that like messing with their equipment...other than that, don't buy it, personally i'm glad dye made a tester with their new threads, saves me the time trying to make one myself.

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM