mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 09-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My new S6.5 review!

So i recently recieved my new S6.5 and all i can say is WOW!

this gun is smoking out of the box.

For those that have an S6, this platform will be familiar, but for myself who never has owned a CCM, this gun is the bee's knees. I've noticed a couple of little things that help me to confirm that CCM listens to the players and executes on a scale unparalleled by any others in the business.

Little thing #1: As i was ordering this martial piece of art, one thing i was slightly (but not overly) concerned with was the discussion of dirty hammers affecting velocity. I have seen some ingenious methods of adapting to this situation with panel covers and the such, but it looks to me that CCM was on the case! They have extended the length of the hammer and made it sleeved to house the spring but also block from debris entering the lower chamber. INGENIOUS! With just a little use, i've not had any issues with the hammer gunking up at all. And plan to thoroughly test this new system at the STL OSC's where the forecast is supposed to be soupy. sounds like a great test to this new fix.

at rest

cocked

Little thing#2: Recessed and sliding trigger frame. Now i've had CCM 86frames on other markers, but never married to a CCM body; and while the screw holes are recessed it's not quite as convenient as the this setup. The ability to loosen up the trigger frame and adjust where my reg is rotationaly postioned. is invaluable to ensuring a comfortable setup with macro-fittings and the asa.

Little thing 3#: Back in the day, i remember when there was pretty much just the standard CCM pump handle and the wgp one. Those were the basic setups that u could go with. But CCM goes further and has allowed the purchaser of the gun to pick what of three styles of pump handle best fits you. Also having the choice of a 45 or 86 gripframe really allows you to custom setup your ride in the most comfortable for you. Choices only help make the immediate purchase of this marker justified.

Little thing 4#: Barrel-from the beginning of my time in pball, the first thing you replaced when purchasing a gun was the barrel. No matter how nice it looked on the gun, it had to go. Not so with the CCM yet. I am a diehard deadlywind wispur barrel user, but upon shooting the CCM sizer kit i don't know if my deadlywind will make it onto this gun. The stock CCM barrel is phenomenal! plain and simple, a super clean interior so smooth i can look down the barrel, and read words through the opposite end off the reflection on the walls of the barrel.

Plus a little addition to the barrel is the sizers. I have a freak kit that goes down to .681, and while that was nice...6years ago, paint is super small nowadays. having a range of .675 to .690 is fantastic. And just having three sizers in the 7's is variety fit to present day paint. These people care, these people listen, and these people execute for our benefit.

And i know this is not a "little thing" persay, but those new macroline fittings are the TISH! an added opportunity to pimp your ride with ano matched fittings really completes the overall look. If you order a new piece from CCM and don't order these fittings, you are missing out. plain and simple.

Speaking of pimping your ride, all it takes is a little searching in this forum and you can see the myriad of color choices that one has upon ordering. You can truely put together a color scheme that is unique to your tastes.

Another little thing that shows the guys care is their willingness to truely make your gun "yours". They have laser engraving that can knock your socks off. I personally asked for them to put the text "CCM/3EV" on my feed collar. Our team name is Third EyE Vision aka 3EV. They went above and beyond that, they somehow dug out our team logo and laser engraved it onto the collar next to their logo...three times. basically our logo is the size of your pinky nail and is wrapped around the collar interlaced with their logo.

bad pictar horrible camera

Now that is above and beyond if you ask me.

So whether it's having the choice to pick grips, pumps, feednecks, and colors; to one of if not the best customer service in the industry, this gun is for you!

Pics to come soon!

edit: pics

Last edited by the underdog; 09-08-2010 at 08:26 PM.
the underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
NOOOOO PICTARSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Son, I am disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

pics up!

typed it on my laptop, had pictars on desktop.

the color scheme is a gloss silver/clear with gloss lime green. But the lime green is actually more of an olive color. not olive drab, but like a real olive type color. It was actually more of what i am looking for and gambled based on the pictars i saw hoping it would be exactly what it is.

this gun is super nice, with the expected smooth stroke known to CCM guns and the AT is timed to engage right before the bolt sled touches the back of the body. This help ensures minimal fps drop off when AT'ing. This thing was tuned to perfection and i'm scared to open her up. there is no way i could think to get it tuned back this well.

Thankyou Mel and Rod, this gun is absolutely a work of art!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
3rdEyEVision

CCM Fan
Dont try to take the pump rod apart!

good review and sweet ride. the pictars dont do this beast justice.
Honorary Order of Over Six-foot Snake Players
brokenzipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

that is one sexy S6.5
pumpbusters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

really nice S6.5
Backman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Thanks for the pics

and good review too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Wow, great review, thank you.
Most importantly we're glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
"Set The Bar Low"

CCM Fan
Wow nice looking marker, is that the lime green or is that just ccms standard green now? I've got an S6 and a J2L with that green and would like to get some other parts for them as well as possibly a 6.5 in that green. Sorry for jacking the thread I just thought they stopped doing that color.

MY FEEDBACK ON EBAY
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebwilsonx4

A long time ago I met a Man I called my friend. Why now, many years later, can't I remember his face? Has He left, or have I just chose not to look?
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

when ordering, i asked for "Gloss Lime Green" and Gloss Silver.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM