mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Prototype S6 Velocity Issue (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/133904-prototype-s6-velocity-issue.html)

Spoon 09-10-2010 10:21 PM

Prototype S6 Velocity Issue

Hey all,

I've got an S6 prototype, these have the Spyder valve and I've got a prototype ICS installed on it and I can't get it to behave at full velocity.

The reg is at 350, IVG is about 2 turns in and the velocity is 180 fps.

If I turn up the reg to 400, the velocity drops to about 130 fps.

If I turn the IVG in more the gun hisses after each shot because the valve doesn't stay closed.

Should I be looking at the springs? Backing down the reg? I am pretty sure the spring are CCM valve and hammer springs but I don't have any spares I can swap them with...unless I pull it from another gun...which I do have.

Any thoughts?

Spoon 09-10-2010 10:31 PM

So a little more info.

The ICS came with a spring. I am going to try putting in the original spring.

super_stanchy 09-10-2010 10:38 PM

300psi:D

too high will make you shoot lower....

pakalolo 09-10-2010 10:41 PM

i start reg preasure at 290 back ivg to flush and start sweet spotting the reg to the highest fps then start turning in the ivg to get fps desired

Spoon 09-11-2010 08:16 AM

Sorry, I should have mentioned...at 300 psi the valve doesn't stay closed. I called Mel and Rod and they said 350 should be the pressure for this valve.

Talfuchre 09-11-2010 10:50 AM

Staunchy, Pakalolo this marker has a spyder valve and needs a different pressure.

350 psi is the correct pressure for this marker and valve - I am not sure what you mean by 'the ICS came with a spring' - but if this means that you have a different spring in the S6P then you need to get a stock S5 - S6 spring for this marker and put it in. I would wager your problems will go away at this point.

TF

super_stanchy 09-11-2010 11:26 AM

didnt know that:D

chillinspyder2 09-11-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talfuchre (Post 1465394)
Staunchy, Pakalolo this marker has a spyder valve and needs a different pressure.

350 psi is the correct pressure for this marker and valve - I am not sure what you mean by 'the ICS came with a spring' - but if this means that you have a different spring in the S6P then you need to get a stock S5 - S6 spring for this marker and put it in. I would wager your problems will go away at this point.

TF

The ICS system came with not only the ICS backblock, but a threaded hammer, spring, and the internal cocking rod system.

Talfuchre 09-11-2010 01:12 PM

I have one of the Internal Cocking Systems - but I have not installed it and know very little of it.

I know the hammer is heavier on the Internal Cocking System - but the spring appears to be the same main spring used in the S6.

Take this off - put in the regular hammer, spring, IVG, and back block and see if that cures your problem. If so, you know where to start.

TF

tedaut 09-11-2010 07:36 PM

My friend casper had similar issues with is ICS system that he put on his ss25 . Same type of valve as the s6 prototype . He could not get his velocity past 230 with the ICS system installed . He ended up taking it off and putting the stock parts back on and it shot fine after that .