mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   T2 consistency (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/135750-t2-consistency.html)

CCM CHICK 09-29-2010 01:58 PM

T2 consistency

Hey there Pump people!
We have had more and more questions on T2 consistency with trying to run the gun under 280FPS. Here is a quote off PBN with the question:

Quote:

"ok here is the thing i have set the reg to 300 psi and i can't get the marker to chrono under 280. the problem is the field we play is 270. if the Reg is adjusted down to meet this it doesn't keep enough pressure on the valve to seal it back up so it will leak till i cock it again. any suggestions."
Here is the CCM reply:
Quote:

CCM regs leave factory direct set at approximately 350 PSI. The optimal FPS range on our markers is 280 to 300. To achieve consistency between the 250 to 280 range we'd advise to try a softer main spring. If you have any further issues please don't hesitate to contact us directly.
Thanks,
Mel @ CCM
1-877-412-6850
Hopefully this info will help spearhead any other sort of issue. As stated above, you have a problem give us a call, we'll be more than happy to help.

chopper duke 09-29-2010 03:03 PM

Thanks for the info Mel. When I was playing with Lester in TX, their field limit was 270 and I didn't like that at all. It was too low. Good to see you all have addressed that issue.

Riddler 09-29-2010 03:42 PM

I'm sure every marker is a hair different, but as my T2 has broken in, I've found turning UP the pressure to be more helpful than turning it down in order to decrease the velocity.

My gun has a distinct bell-curve peaking at about 310 fps at about the same psi. To achieve the sub-280 fps required by my local field, I run the gun at around 335 psi.

freebird 09-29-2010 04:34 PM

i can get mine to run all the way down to 250 for our indoor.
cranked the reg pressure way up.

stevedh 09-29-2010 06:24 PM

Am I correct to assume that this is just a case of not properly sweet-spotting your gun?

Riddler 09-29-2010 06:53 PM

The sweet spot is a bit on the high side for fields with low limits (even with the IVG backed all the way out), so the discussion was how best to set your marker for lower speeds. Personally, I do it by running a slightly higher pressure, and don't see much in the way of efficiency losses (remember that pressure affects valve dwell, too).

Allblack 09-30-2010 12:35 PM

I prefer higher pressure for my T2 since once I had to go the pressure down to 220 psi to stay under 300 fps. And then the velocity decreased while I was A/T... so now I prefer over pressure a bit to stay in the fps limit and there's no bad joke when I fight against "high bps guys" ;)

chopper duke 09-30-2010 12:41 PM

I've got a reg tester and a couple of hand held Chrono's. I'm gonna set up my reg and then re-chrono my T2