mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   T2 firing problem. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/136274-t2-firing-problem.html)

Jdohman 10-04-2010 06:28 PM

T2 firing problem.

CCM TECH SUPPORT solved this problem. Below is a small explanation of what happened and how it was fixed. Keeping this thread alive so you can see what needs to be done and how great CCM tech support is.

I am having a problem with my t2. It's serial #200 if that matters.

Went to use it last weekend and it was being erratic. I would cock it and a ball would load but when i pulled the trigger nothing would happen.

This kept happening and i could not get the gun to fire. Then after that it would cock and soon as the pimp would return back to normal position it would fire without trigger pull. It did this several times before i gave up for the day.

I went to clean it up today and was reading through the manual on pumpenstein and tried to adjust a few items. Changed reg pressure. Adjusted the screw under the bolt.

Went out side and it was shooting great for about 10 balls. Using crap paint "heat" but it was flying straight.

Then all of sudden it started acting up again.

Have any of you guys ran into this problem? Normally I would ship it off to get professionally teched since its my baby. But I have a huge game this up coming weekend and not enough turn around time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If needed I can make a video of the problem and post it.

diOs 10-04-2010 06:54 PM

i would look at the trigger and A/T cam to start, then look at the lug last.

hold the gun in your right hand and tilt to the left, while looking at the A/T cam. If the A/T cam slide out a bit, it could be the cam and trigger binding. I have had this problem before and it can also make it feel like you're pinching balls as to push the pump handle foward. if this is the case tighten the small screw that under the trigger. (i forgot the name) you'll notice once it's too tight cause the pump stroke will bind so back it up if you go too far. you have to find the medium where it doesn't bind the pump stroke and it's not loose where the cam will slide to the left to also bind.

another is a worn out trigger. a team mate had this issue. were the cam rests on the trigger it had worn out a groove but it had like frayed delrin on the edge. you know when you cut plastic and the edge builds up. and that was getting caught on the edge of the cam where the flat and round part meet. causing it to bind.

last your lug can be loose? but it seems like one of the above.

Jdohman 10-04-2010 07:13 PM

As you were sending that I was taking the trigger frame apart. The sear was not centered so I moved it over. Looked at everything and it was all operating fine. Put it back together and no luck.

The screw under the trigger that you are talking about will not budge. I need to get a different Allen set that is not a single unit but individual keys so I can put some pressure on it.

I have a 45 frame I can try. The one that is on there now is a 86 frame that I bought on pbnation.

Jdohman 10-05-2010 12:46 PM

Got the problem fixed. CMM techsupport is great.

Basically I switched from a 45 trigger to a 86 and the sears are different sizes. I had to turn the top allen under the bolt 1.5 turns until it was timed correctly.

Basically hold the trigger down and pull the pump handle back. then bring it slowly forward until it fires.

Look at the spot where the gun fired. If it is over the size of a nickel 1/8 inch then you need to adjust it. Turn the allen head clockwise a half turn at a time until you get close then find the sweet spot.

CCM CHICK 10-05-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdohman (Post 1494853)
Got the problem fixed. CMM techsupport is great.

Basically I switched from a 45 trigger to a 86 and the sears are different sizes. I had to turn the top allen under the bolt 1.5 turns until it was timed correctly.

Basically hold the trigger down and pull the pump handle back. then bring it slowly forward until it fires.

Look at the spot where the gun fired. If it is over the size of a nickel 1/8 inch then you need to adjust it. Turn the allen head clockwise a half turn at a time until you get close then find the sweet spot.

The guy you talked to was Rod. If you have any other questions or issues please don't hesitate to call back.
~M

Jdohman 10-05-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCM CHICK (Post 1494881)
The guy you talked to was Rod. If you have any other questions or issues please don't hesitate to call back.
~M

Rob was awesome! Make sure you tell him that. Helped me understand almost anything I could have a problem with and how to quickly fix it.

Talfuchre 10-05-2010 02:17 PM

I hate when all the facts are not there. Had you MENTIONED that you changed grip frames - we could have helped more! ;)

Glad Rod had you sorted out!

TF

Jdohman 10-05-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talfuchre (Post 1494937)
I hate when all the facts are not there. Had you MENTIONED that you changed grip frames - we could have helped more! ;)

Glad Rod had you sorted out!

TF

Didnt think to bring it up. It worked fine 2 days of play before. It must of just been slightly up high enough and worn down just a fraction to cause the problem.

Either way it will be in the archive so it can be looked up if someone needs the info.