mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   CCM 6.5 or T2? Few other questions before ordering. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/137902-ccm-6-5-t2-few-other-questions-before-ordering.html)

Littlebomb 10-20-2010 02:32 PM

CCM 6.5 or T2? Few other questions before ordering.

I'm sure I could search through all the posts to find these answers but I do have a couple new questions.

Can anyone who owns both the T2 and 6.5 tell me why I might want to purchase one over the other?
Here is what is important to me. I like light guns, a smooth sturdy pump stroke, both guns look great though I think the 6.5 is a little better looking. I am concerned that the T2's pump stroke is a little flimsy? I have also read that the 6.5 is in fact lighter?

Will the new shorter feed neck lever be coming standard if I order the gun?

Can I get a barrel in a slightly longer length? (the 12 inch barrel isn't pointy enough especially considering I will be playing back and flanking positions mostly with a pump.) Will I have to pay extra to have a barrel a couple inches longer?

Do CP's red barrel anno match CCM's red? I want a one piece barrel in 16" or 14" length. (I really don't understand why you would want a short barrel on a slow shooting sniper, pointing barrels = accuracy)

Is there any new T2's or 6.5's about to be posted on Ebay? In particular a solid red gloss or a gold and silver? I will buy it!

So long and thanks for all the fish.

artguy63 10-20-2010 03:32 PM

ive tried a t2 and s6, so thats wat im basing it on. i believe the s6.5 will be about the same as the s6.

the t2 has a more "mechanical" feeling pump stroke, and when i say that its hard to explain. it does feel sturdy though. i think the 6 has a smoother, more "natural" feeling stroke.

the markers weigh about the same, so little difference that i doubt you would feel a difference. they are light.

im not sure if you can get the barrel longer, but i do know that you can order without one and cut $20 off your order.

as for someone telling you whether to order one or the other, no one can really make up your mind for you. my suggestion would be to get out and try both of them. then you will know for sure. for example..i was dead set on getting a t2, but after trying it, i didnt like the pump stroke, so here i am, waiting for my 6.5 to get on my doorstep.

Spoon 10-20-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlebomb (Post 1514938)
I'm sure I could search through all the posts to find these answers but I do have a couple new questions.

Can anyone who owns both the T2 and 6.5 tell me why I might want to purchase one over the other?
Here is what is important to me. I like light guns, a smooth sturdy pump stroke, both guns look great though I think the 6.5 is a little better looking. I am concerned that the T2's pump stroke is a little flimsy? I have also read that the 6.5 is in fact lighter?

S6.5 is smoother. Although I would never call the T2 pump stroke flimsy. My s6.5 is a little lighter than my T2, not enough to make a decision based on weight.

Will the new shorter feed neck lever be coming standard if I order the gun?
You can get whatever you want, just ask for it.

Can I get a barrel in a slightly longer length? (the 12 inch barrel isn't pointy enough especially considering I will be playing back and flanking positions mostly with a pump.) Will I have to pay extra to have a barrel a couple inches longer?
I don't think this is an option
Do CP's red barrel anno match CCM's red? I want a one piece barrel in 16" or 14" length. (I really don't understand why you would want a short barrel on a slow shooting sniper, pointing barrels = accuracy)
The reds will probably not match. CCM's red is pretty deep.

Is there any new T2's or 6.5's about to be posted on Ebay? In particular a solid red gloss or a gold and silver? I will buy it!
Call Mel/CCM

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Answers above in bold

senghing27 10-20-2010 03:42 PM

I currently own a J2L and a T2, owned S6s in the past, and had a opportunity to mess with a 6.5
Pump stroke on the T2 is by no means flimsy. I would say the pump stroke on both are the same, it really just depends on how you use the return spring setup, keep the stock ccm lowers, etc,etc.
The 6.5 is the standard body and the T2 is the tube body. The T2 has the ability to have an insert system and switch the top tube for other things where as the 6.5, you don't have that ability.
If you can, just use someone's and see how they feel in your hands. I used the 6.5 and really didn't care for it.
All the other questions I would just call CCM directly and see what they say.

Littlebomb 10-20-2010 05:38 PM

Thanks for the replies. This helps a lot. I would just go try one if I knew someone who owned either marker in the Seattle area. Anyone live in Seattle want to let me try theirs?

super_stanchy 10-20-2010 05:46 PM

im down in portland... if you are headin south for any reason just ask...
i have a s6 and a t2 (not a 6.5 tho)

i swear by my t2, but my brother loves his s6 and wants nothing to do with my t2....
idk

anno wise, i had a red cp 10" .685 on my red/silver t2 and it was a near perfect match

-ryan

Cunha 10-23-2010 04:33 AM

12 inches is a normal barrel length. Longer barrels like 14 and 16 inches don't mean accuracy. For you they may mean a sighting aide but for me they mean an aluminum tube batting against the bunker I am standing behind for cover. CCM Doesn't offer longer stock barrels but if you bought a T2 that with the body insert system it would give you a longer overall length (around 14 inches).

MEGAS 10-23-2010 01:54 PM

I think you answered your own question when you said you think the 6.5 looks better. You are comparing two high end guns that are the best that is available. You can't go wrong with either. Get the one you like the most.

Littlebomb 10-23-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunha (Post 1519091)
12 inches is a normal barrel length. Longer barrels like 14 and 16 inches don't mean accuracy. For you they may mean a sighting aide but for me they mean an aluminum tube batting against the bunker I am standing behind for cover. CCM Doesn't offer longer stock barrels but if you bought a T2 that with the body insert system it would give you a longer overall length (around 14 inches).

Yeah, I am well aware that barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy. There is a reason pros use 14" over 12". Pointy guns are easier to sight for accuracy.

Littlebomb 10-23-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGAS (Post 1519334)
I think you answered your own question when you said you think the 6.5 looks better. You are comparing two high end guns that are the best that is available. You can't go wrong with either. Get the one you like the most.

Yep, I'm putting in my order Monday morning for a 6.5. So excited to finally own a quality pump. I just can't afford to shoot semi as often as I like. Shooting a bag will let me get back to playing every weekend. Can't wait.