mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
AT screw issue

So I ended up breaking the AT screw on my ss-25 off in the pump arm. after a bit of struggle I managed to get the threaded portion out of the pump arm and went to order a new screw on ebay, there are 2 almost identical choices in CCM's ebay store:

CCM Auto Trigger Shoulder Screw - 7B0003-SS - eBay (item 150475625098 end time Nov-01-10 09:26:18 PDT)

CCM Trigger Pivot Screw - 4D0063 - eBay (item 280478147148 end time Nov-08-10 10:39:09 PST)

I ended up ordering the second one out of confusion since the only difference seems to be the name and the picture is the same. I got the screw in the mail yesterday and installed it onto my SS-25 but the screw seems too long. the AT works, but the length of the screw allows the cam to wiggle out and actually jam the trigger up. did I get the wrong screw or are the newer AT screws just longer anyway? will I have to find an older AT screw for my SS-25?

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I would just call up CCM and let them know what you need. They know their products and will get you the right thing.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
So I ended up breaking the AT screw on my ss-25 off in the pump arm. after a bit of struggle I managed to get the threaded portion out of the pump arm and went to order a new screw on ebay, there are 2 almost identical choices in CCM's ebay store:

CCM Auto Trigger Shoulder Screw - 7B0003-SS - eBay (item 150475625098 end time Nov-01-10 09:26:18 PDT)

CCM Trigger Pivot Screw - 4D0063 - eBay (item 280478147148 end time Nov-08-10 10:39:09 PST)

I ended up ordering the second one out of confusion since the only difference seems to be the name and the picture is the same. I got the screw in the mail yesterday and installed it onto my SS-25 but the screw seems too long. the AT works, but the length of the screw allows the cam to wiggle out and actually jam the trigger up. did I get the wrong screw or are the newer AT screws just longer anyway? will I have to find an older AT screw for my SS-25?
Edit:
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.

Last edited by freebird; 10-22-2010 at 09:08 AM.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The first one, the Auto Trigger screw is the one that you screw into the pump arm, that's the one you need.

The second one, the pivot screw, is the screw that holds your trigger and allows it to pivot. If you look on the driver side, just to the left of the AT arm (where it attaches to the trigger frame) and above your trigger there is a little screw flush with the trigger frame, it's that guy, you don't need him.

Feedback
Please take a look at my anodizing album here: Tonsixer Anodizing
Tanongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
"Set The Bar Low"

CCM Fan
I may be mistaken but I believe both will work but may not work properly on your particular frame/cam/lever combination. It would seem that since the new at cams are held in by a pin that they have made the screws slightly longer to not rub on the lever as well as removed the screw head entirely on the new guns. The cams/trigger frame holes/cam length/cam pins have been changed so many times over the years it's getting hard to just make anything work without calling and getting exactly what you need for your particular setup.

MY FEEDBACK ON EBAY
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebwilsonx4

A long time ago I met a Man I called my friend. Why now, many years later, can't I remember his face? Has He left, or have I just chose not to look?
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM