mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 01-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sadist

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Thanks still waiting for her to be born any day now. Yeah the sterling is really nice, I think there is only one other out there that I could consider nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
lube the shaft and warm the o-ring up in your hand by rubbing it back and forth between hands. then it should go on easier.
TheePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
i was thinking about ordering a t2 and had a couple questions
what is the difference between a t2 and the new s6.5?
i see a couple places on ebay that sell them one being the ccm store and the other one does perorders.
is it cheaper/possible to call the company to order?
for what these are posted for in the b/s/t it seams silly not to just buy a new one and get the warranty and pick a color combo right?
any recomendations on setup wouuld be appreciated. i think i like the thin 45 or 86 grip i dont need it to be stock class. the t-handle looks comfy. and ill be using co2
one more thing. im a lot more comfortable w/ a stock phantom than an undercocker because they are so flimsy (at least the 2 kits ive tried)
i assume the pump handles are real stable?
thanks for the help.
i think i can just about swing one of these.
I'll try to help and answer all the questions to the best of my ability.....

The difference between the S6.5 and the T2 is that the T2 is a modular system where the top and bottom tubes are separate pieces. This leads itself to colour customization a little more then the S6.5. Also if it is your cup of tea you can get a left/right feed option or a breach insert top tube for the T2. I like the breach insert top tube because I can run what ever cocker barrel I have sitting around and not worry about roll outs.
The S6.5 is a halfblocked S6 (Duh) and has very similar features to the S6. They are a solid marker that lends itself more to the type of guy that likes to autotrigger like a fiend rather then one ball people. The T2 is more a finesse player's marker and the dual guide rods are not as beefy as the one on the S6.5 and you do get a little more "wiggle" with a T2.
Both guns are hafblocked and you do have to be mindful of when you get shot near the sled/blackblock, because if you get down in the hammer area it does cause some nasty velocity fluctuations.
The grip and pump is a personal thing and I could tell you what I like but it might not work for you.
Any CCM will run on CO2. The Reg is based of of the old BLAST Torpedo and it does give a little more room then the newer style regs (CP, PE, Dye, etc) for the CO2 to expand. I have run my T2 on CO2 but it isn't as consistent on it. CCM doesn't really suggest it because the seal on your poppit is an o-ring and we all know what happens to o-rings when they are exposed to lots of liquid CO2: the get all hard and leak. If you are planning on running your CCM on CO2 exclusively, I would at least pick up a Palmers Stabilizer (I don't know about the valve). They are rock solid on CO2 and do have a over pressure vent for when you get lots of liquid CO2 on the reg.
Lastly, I would phone CCM. Mel is a great person to talk to and can tell you exactly what they can build up and the wait times for anything that is not in stock at the moment.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
That Colorado Pump Guy

CCM Fan
Very well put possum!
colorado719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
i was thinking about ordering a t2 and had a couple questions
what is the difference between a t2 and the new s6.5?
i see a couple places on ebay that sell them one being the ccm store and the other one does perorders.
is it cheaper/possible to call the company to order?
for what these are posted for in the b/s/t it seams silly not to just buy a new one and get the warranty and pick a color combo right?
any recomendations on setup wouuld be appreciated. i think i like the thin 45 or 86 grip i dont need it to be stock class. the t-handle looks comfy. and ill be using co2
one more thing. im a lot more comfortable w/ a stock phantom than an undercocker because they are so flimsy (at least the 2 kits ive tried)
i assume the pump handles are real stable?
thanks for the help.
i think i can just about swing one of these.
Feel free to call and talk to us. Well be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
i feel bad everytime i call them because im pretty sure i talk too much.

finally, TEST GUNS OUT. everyone can say that a certain set up is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but to you it could be crap.
You dont talk too much! It awesome seeing people so gung-ho on pump.
I definitely agree with testing the different options out so you can find what suits you the very best if its possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
THE NEW PA

i apreciate the responses. i know its not even what i was considering but i got a deal on this s6 i couldnt refuse.
Name:  s6.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  24.1 KB
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to left handed

CCM Fan
Congratz!

P.S. I think there's something wrong with that beavertail

left handed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
THE NEW PA

gun came in the mail today ! put my freak kit on it and some medium loktite on the beavertail.
i cannot believe how nice it works. ive got a phantom, 68 mag and some other nelson stuff compared to them you hardly feel the pump stroke. this thing blew my mind. i can understand where the extra $s go now.
so i put some silicon lube from smart parts on the bolt is that ok?
it seams fine on co2 w/out doing anything to it shooting 280
anyways im happy
Old 01-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
CCM Pumps

CCM Fan
check out TFs sticky for maintenance/care. The delrin bolt needs zero lube (lube = bad as it can make the delin swell). CCM (Rod) told me to use 1/2 water and 1/2 rubbing alcohol as cleaning spray and just wipe the outside of it and the bolt down with it. As far as lubes go, CCM uses/recommends: tri-flow for oil and super lube (http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(tc...px?SKU=8138307) for grease. But there are other greases that work great too.

Last edited by skleinsmith; 01-20-2011 at 01:17 PM.
skleinsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to left handed

CCM Fan
For grease I would recommend Slick Honey. I've had nothing but good experiences with that stuff. (My DM loves it too!)

left handed is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM