mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   couple questions about ccm's (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/147039-couple-questions-about-ccms.html)

B.R. 01-14-2011 11:48 PM

couple questions about ccm's

i was thinking about ordering a t2 and had a couple questions
what is the difference between a t2 and the new s6.5?
i see a couple places on ebay that sell them one being the ccm store and the other one does perorders.
is it cheaper/possible to call the company to order?
for what these are posted for in the b/s/t it seams silly not to just buy a new one and get the warranty and pick a color combo right?
any recomendations on setup wouuld be appreciated. i think i like the thin 45 or 86 grip i dont need it to be stock class. the t-handle looks comfy. and ill be using co2
one more thing. im a lot more comfortable w/ a stock phantom than an undercocker because they are so flimsy (at least the 2 kits ive tried)
i assume the pump handles are real stable?
thanks for the help.
i think i can just about swing one of these.

artguy63 01-15-2011 12:19 AM

there are several posts on t2 vs 6.5..

ccmfactorydirect i believe is the name of the official ccm ebay store. much better to call them and talk to mel, she is a great person to talk to. i feel bad everytime i call them because im pretty sure i talk too much.

if you plan on selling the gun anytime soon, dont buy new. i bought mine new, and i dont plan on selling it unless i quit paintball. ccm in my opinion is the best pump gun you can buy today. used or new, you cant really go wrong.

finally, TEST GUNS OUT. everyone can say that a certain set up is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but to you it could be crap.

B.R. 01-15-2011 12:25 AM

cool thanks, ill dig a little more for the old threads

left handed 01-15-2011 03:53 AM

To answer a few of your questions; yes the pump strokes are smooth and stable and no, you don't want to be using CO2 on a CCM. If you can afford a brand new CCM, you can afford at least a steel HPA tank.

B.R. 01-15-2011 10:35 AM

oh, it isnt a matter of price for a tank but lack of easy access for air. so it isnt possible to use co2 on them? i have a fill station for co2...

Shru 01-15-2011 11:22 AM

I personally would not, but everyone with alot more knowledge has answered your questions...
My T2 arrived today and i am astonished, it is a piece of work for sure....
I got the dust black and dust green...
In about a week i am going to go ahead and order 6.5 in same colors with 86 frame this time..
Either one you order and make sure you talk to Melissa about your options..You are going to LOVE it

TheePsycho 01-15-2011 11:24 AM

It is possible to use CO2 on them. I would change the setup though if your going to use co2 though. I'm not sure how CCM's regulators work with CO2 but I would probably use a palmer stabalizer and palmer internals. I'm sure the CCM internals would work, but you would probably need to respring it.

Greenmtnphantom 01-15-2011 11:30 AM

I used CO2 when I had my S6. It had a AKA 2liter, all original other than that to the best of my knowlidge, and was very, consistant.

TheePsycho 01-15-2011 11:36 AM

CCM guns are cockers basically and when cockers were initially designed they were run off of c02 and no regulator and Vaseline was the suggested lubricant to use. So their is no reason that you couldn't get a T2 or S6.5 to work with c02.

B.R. 01-15-2011 11:45 AM

thanks for the responses, congrats on the baby psycho!
and that sterling is really cool.