mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 02-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
S6.5 and Woodsball?

Apologies in advance for a somewhat noobish question. I am contemplating ordering my first CCM marker and have a couple questions--most of which I've worked out on my own.

The remaining question I have is regarding the S6.5 and the exposed lower internals and their susceptibility to contamination by dust and paint. Where I play in VA there can be--depending on the time of year--some pretty heavy dust in the air...especially when playing in low cover among leaves, etc.

I would really love to take advantage of the tighter profile I could assume with a half-blocked marker, but am just a bit concerned about stuff getting in there and fouling things up. Is this an issue others have experienced...or should I not worry about it?

Thanks...
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I thought the T2 have more of a problem vs. the S6.5 in regarding to this issue? The T2 have an expose hammer (i think) that when dust get in there reduce the velocity tremendously. There is a thread somewhere about that and someone making temporary (plastic cover) or manent (aluminum) fix for it. I don't think the S6.5 have as much exposure to dust and air as the T2 though so that shouldn't be a problem for you.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

first day i got my 6.5 it had just rained and as i was making a sprint for a bunker i slipped and got my gun covered in muck. i rubbed it off quickly and continued to play with no problems the rest of the day.

if youre really concerned about it, ghetto rig it with a piece of tape if youre talking about the exposed rear. if youre talking about the top of the lower tube, not sure if theres anything you can do about it.
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I thought CCM had come up with a solution to help prevent that on the S6.5, I read it on one of the members here review.... I think??

To be honest its normally not that big of a deal. If it does happen take out your IVG, then your hammer and clean it off. Pop it back in, time the AT and your golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Closed bolt FTW

CCM Fan
Yes the fix is that the hammer has a longer "hood" at the back so that it fills the entire tube length. The only time i have seen an issue with this was i believe my buddy had been pretty much shot straight in the gun and a shell wedged in there.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
My "brother"

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
first day i got my 6.5 it had just rained and as i was making a sprint for a bunker i slipped and got my gun covered in muck. i rubbed it off quickly and continued to play with no problems the rest of the day.

if youre really concerned about it, ghetto rig it with a piece of tape if youre talking about the exposed rear. if youre talking about the top of the lower tube, not sure if theres anything you can do about it.
how would a piece of tape help......? If it covers the hammer, how would the bolt pin come back to cock it................

My t2 hammer has gotten pretty dirty, never has affected anything.

I just insert a baby wipe into the hammer area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
I am a fag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
thats what happens when i leave mcb up at work.....
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

i was referring to the velocity adjuster on the back of the lower tube, not the top where it cocks..
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I mainly play woodsball and only cleaned my T2 once when I noticed FPS inconsistancies, it saw a good bit of use before it needed it.

Yes, the 6.5 hammer has a longer hood area to prevent this, I don't have enough playtime on my 6.5 to make a conclusion yet but just looking at it, it looks like it will collect very little debris, no more than most anything else that is a half tubeish poppet.

Cleaning the hammer only would require the sear lug adjustment to be set, it is pretty easy to do once you know what your doing.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
..I would really love to take advantage of the tighter profile I could assume with a half-blocked marker..
I'm gonna suggest a smaller hopper or stock class feed and small tank to minimize gun shots and full sized upper tube and steel braided hose to minimize problems from environment. I'de yank the AT assembly off - AT's can "move" on you occasionally rendering the marker unable to fire - esp. if aiming up hill w/ a weak pump return spring.

also: rain and gun hits in lower tube = more issues.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I'm gonna suggest a smaller hopper or stock class feed and small tank to minimize gun shots and full sized upper tube and steel braided hose to minimize problems from environment. I'de yank the AT assembly off - AT's can "move" on you occasionally rendering the marker unable to fire - esp. if aiming up hill w/ a weak pump return spring.

also: rain and gun hits in lower tube = more issues.
I understand the point, but I'm referring more to the lack of a tail and backblock hitting me in the goggle lens...thanks.
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM