mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 03-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Looking to join the CCM family

Hi long time MCB Lurker first time poster, as such I'll give some information on my self. Been paintballing since 2002 I've had many different markers throughout the years, but my most recent marker is a CCI Phantom which I bought roughly 2 years ago. Since then all my other markers have been kept in the bag as I've found that my true love in paintball is pump.

Now to the question at hand lately I've been researching on pump markers and time and time again I am brought back to CMM markers. I've been reading great reviews about the markers themselves and the superb customer service. So with that said I've made up my mind that my next (and probably last marker) will be a CCM.

I've narrowed my pick down to the T2 or S6.5 markers but I can't decide between the two. I also don't know of anyone up here in Montana that has a CCM so all I have to go on is digital info on each marker. I also haven't found as much information on the S6.5 as I have on the T2.

As for the T2 what I like about the marker is the simple look and color combos that I've seen here on MCB and through google. I like the dual pump rods and what seems to be ease of care for the marker. But I've heard the pump can bind and that the marker is more prone to not working as well when dirty, which can be a problem here in Montana (very dusty here). This usually isn't a problem as I always clean my markers after each outing I'm just more concerned about having to clean the marker during play to keep going.

With the S6.5 I know that its almost as light weight as the T2, and can get them with the thinner frames. The marker also has a hammer shroud? I think its called that protects the inner workings of the marker from getting as dirty that some users have had with the T2. The Pump also has another guide arm to keep the pump from binding/twisting. I don't like the body as much on the 6.5 but it could grow on me.

Sorry for the long winded post but I've always researched heavy before purchasing anything, and well I guess that I'm just looking for some more info from other owners for each gun. Mainly about the T2 problems mentioned above.

Thanks again to anyone that can give me some info.

Birdfoot
Birdfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
T2 has the same internal (hammer shroud). Both T2 and s6.5 can have the thin frame. The s6.5's can be used on other cockers. The T2's can't.

With the T2 u can get sizers in the body. You can't with the s6.5
With the T2 u can get Left or right Feed body. You can't with the s6.5

There isn't much difference between the S6.5 and the T2. I did noticed that if I am not careful, the T2 will bind slightly when the pump handle is slightly twisted. If paint get into the hammer area it will cause low velocity on both T2 and S6.5. You will need to clean it out before it will function properly.

I know this isn't on your list but I prefer my full bodied J2L over my S6.5. Since J2L isn't being made anymore you may want to look into a S6.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by noclue119; 03-02-2011 at 05:58 PM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Actually the S6.5 is a tad bit lighter than the T2. After owning nearly every CCM marker, I have to say my favorite is the S6.5 hands down. Its as smooth as my S6 without the binding issues of my T2. All CCMs are very easy to maintain, and TF has awesome videos out so that you know your doing it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
3rdEyEVision

CCM Fan
T2 vs. S6.5 is a big question for alot of posts since the s6.5's release. And the biggest difference between the 2 is 98% personal preference. I prefer the 6.5, and a buddy of mine prefers the t2. Both are very, very nice markers, and you will be happy with either. And trust me when I say that pictars do these pieces of art no justice. nothing like holding one at the right angle in the sunlight!
Honorary Order of Over Six-foot Snake Players
brokenzipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I prefer my 6.5 over my T2 but it sounds to me you like the T2 more. The main differennce is the looks, the only mechanical difference is the guide rod on the 6.5 gives the pump a sturdier feel which is one if the things I prefer, that and personally I love the milling on the 6.5. I own every CCM model produced since the S5 and they all perform the same as far as smoothness and shooting go. I sold my T2 after purchasing the 6.5 but plan to get another one soon.

You won't be disapointed if you do end up getting a CCM but don't count on it being your last marker, I am up to 6 of them now and plan to keep expanding the collection.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thank you everyone for your responses I am leaning towards T2, I was just a bit worried about some of what I heard about the binding and gunk in the hammer.

Next Paycheck I will take the dive now just gotta decide on color scheme and other features I would like

I do have one more quick question if anyone knows it off the top of their head I know they have certain colors like in the stickied thread.

Colors* (Dust and Gloss)

* Black
* Silver
* Gold
* Green
* Brown
* Red
* Blue
* Purple
* Pewter
* Pink

But I've also noticed there is a "light" blue and a regular blue do any of the other colors have a second option like say a "dark" green?

Thanks again for the info.
Birdfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
The blue is the only one I've seen different shades of. You could get a darker green with dust I think.

Your best bet would be to call Mel at CCM and chat with her. It seems like they've been doing some new stuff with color lately and who knows what she's got cooking.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Calling them up directly will get you the best answers on anodise options like that. I have seen dark green but it was on a couple special Shamrock Green guns sold in the ebay store. Sometimes they will do it, sometimes they can't (its not that they won't, it just isn't always feasable for their anodiser to mix up special vats of color)

My green 6.5 came out with a bit of an olive hue to it, and my dust green j2l is super green, each batch of anodise mixed up will be slightly different. This is another reason I recommend getting any matching parts you want done when your order is initially placed because, say you want a green barrel to match your green gun you plan to order in a few months, it won't be the same green and you will wish you had just waited a little while longer to order it all at once. Also keep in mind there will be a few week waiting period after you place your order and payment is due at the time the gun is complete.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
The colors u listed there can either be dust or gloss.

You can also get Hard Anno. It is a gunmetal color.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Hard anno is amazing! I just got my hard annoed S6.5 in the other day, and the color and texture are astounding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM