mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 11-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Um, pretty sure he owns a machine shop.
3 hours of sleep doesn't help my brain when I'm excited.

I'm sure if ccm announced that they were thinking about doing a preorder for a pistol, people would fight for spots.

here bill, let me just make that a little more noticeable....you know. just in case.

I'm sure if ccm announced that they were thinking about doing a preorder for a pistol, people would fight for spots.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
CCM won't do preorders though. They've stated before that they are against it. Honestly, I think that policy serves them well.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

dang it

guess ill just keep hoping for a ccm pistol.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Get used to it unfortunately Artguy.
I told Tom Kaye personally in the 90s that the Sydarm with some work would outsell his other markers, he said noone wanted a pistol.
It took Tiberius to prove how wrong he was, anyone care to compare t8s sold VS Emags sold? .
The engineers at Tippmann used me and everyone else they could drag in, in their battle to get the TPX made, because noone would want a pistol. 2 years later the serial numbers have passed 30,000.

I said it then and I'll say it now, "It's not that noone's made a good pistol because noone wants to play with one. It's that noone wants to play with one because noone's made a good pistol."

Even the most cursory examination of the market would show CCM that they would sell more semi pistols than their new pump per year.

People, whether it's Tom Kaye, the Tippmann's(whom I badgered for 15 years at Hell Survivors) or CCM make markers THEY want, as much as they pretend to make what we want.

No offense intended CCMMachinist, you're in good company! But how can we ignore the fact that EVERY pistol ever made not still in production now sells for more than it was new and every production pistol sells what they make....

People want pistols, machinists and marker makers HATE pistols, because they're ridiculously hard to make. This prejudices them.
The pistol market tops out right now at a couple hundred bucks with NO high end choice and it looks to stay that way for years to come.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 11-10-2011 at 12:30 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Get used to it unfortunately Artguy.
I told Tom Kaye personally in the 90s that the Sydarm with some work would outsell his other markers, he said noone wanted a pistol.
It took Tiberius to prove how wrong he was, anyone care to compare t8s sold VS Emags sold? .
The engineers at Tippmann used me and everyone else they could drag in, in their battle to get the TPX made, because noone would want a pistol. 2 years later the serial numbers have passed 30,000.

I said it then and I'll say it now, "It's not that noone's made a good pistol because noone wants to play with one. It's that noone wants to play with one because noone's made a good pistol."

Even the most cursory examination of the market would show CCM that they would sell more semi pistols than their new pump per year.

People, whether it's Tom Kaye, the Tippmann's(whom I badgered for 15 years at Hell Survivors) or CCM make markers THEY want, as much as they pretend to make what we want.

No offense intended CCMMachinist, you're in good company! But how can we ignore the fact that EVERY pistol ever made not still in production now sells for more than it was new and every production pistol sells what they make....

People want pistols, machinists and marker makers HATE pistols, because they're ridiculously hard to make. This prejudices them.
The pistol market tops out right now at a couple hundred bucks with NO high end choice and it looks to stay that way for years to come.

Rob
/Agreed
This unfortunately hits the nail on the head and the bolded portion especially so.

If this were to change and an all "metal"/"real steel" equivalent/ "high quality" semi auto pistol were to come to market or even a (one can always hope) "line" of said product types and accessories (i.e. "regular" capacity mags / extended capacity / compensators / differing styled markers / ooo swappable-adjustable internals-barrels for .43 or .68 cal paint / an internal fillable system for co2 that is actually efficient and user friendly / etc etc etc).

I at least might not able to shell out the $800-$3k price tag in cash but would definitely look into selling most if not all of my collection and other hobby items to purchase said products.

And I believe most of the market would be willing to do the same.

-Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

even if CCM made a pistol at the same price point as their other guns, it would sell quite well.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

People pay for quality hands down. I rather pay for a CCM pistol then a Tippmann pistol as the Tippmanns are more quantity over quality IMO. Make a good product and it will sell and every other pistol on the market to this day doesn't have the right feel so I refuse to buy something that doesn't melt in my hands.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Pistol thoughts I would love to see get made?

A cz75 grip'ed gun.
-The cz75 with thick hogues is the best pointing gun for me personally. Sorry AgentSmith, but I second guess my grip on single stack .45 frames.

make .50 cal useful.
-a high capacity
-medium to short range is probably all it's good for, so it would honestly be a secondary more than a primary gun.

New clamshells for the existing tpx guts and mags? That would make a lot of options easy and cheaper.

But thanks Bill, now that I see that first picture, I might be getting a tpx just to attack with a dremel and some epoxy sculpt. If it's already that close to a CZ, I really want to push it all the way.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

id rather buy a complete ccm pistol, not based on the tpx. but i suppose thats just one mans opinion.

50 cal...im not so sure about. its not a popular thing around my parts from what i know, so there may be areas where it wouldnt be logical to have.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I am a big paintball pistol fan. I have a lot of the older ones plus dozens of airsoft and bb pistols.

The most realistic of course are the small caliber.I think Umerx makes some really nice 43 cal. pistols. I don't know why they don't do 50 cal.

The problem or reason machinist or companies don't build a real steel or even a nice solid alum. handguns we know the cost of the development an the potential sales.

In business it's called "return on investment". It's just like your job or you going to college you are expecting a return on your investment.Your time and your knowledge.

I paid $700 for a pellet pistol that would help me design the pistol I want to make. It is a real steel pellet gun. I really mean a real gun was used to make it. So yes I am already invested in the building of paintball handguns.

You cannot compete with imported cast metal and plastic parts gun. This doesn't really bother me. Quality made guns will sell. The numbers will be smaller.

Don't get me wrong I want to build a handgun but we have to make stuff that pays the bills while we are doing it.

But make no mistake 68 caliber guns get big.

CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM