mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
I have had the same problem with a superbolt.
I tried running a CCM lower tube kit in it to no avail. The tolerances on the body were poop. The valve when in the gun was problematic at best.
I have a "tool" that is an old cocking rod that goes in my drill and allows me to sand down a hammer to fit the body that I am working on. I have had to do it to a few WGP bodies that have CCM'd lower tubes.

I tried that CCM lower tube kit in another gun and it worked great. Just not that superbolt. It works now but it took a long time to get set up to work right. Had to respring it for a much higher pressure so that the valve would close more consistently.

Edit: Just had an epiphany at the shop today.......
What about running a expansion chamber and a bottomline PPS Stab on the gun to make sure that you have a larger amount of volume in front of the valve. I am all out of CCM valves at home and might have to talk to one of the guys on the Pump Club to see if we have some in our tool box.
I'll keep people updated on how things work out.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback

Last edited by EgoPossum; 01-31-2012 at 11:53 AM.
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
I would encourage the OP to spend $40 on a new body.
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
I would encourage the OP to spend $40 on a new body.
I can't find any otherwise I would
rockwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Check the 'Misc Paintball Items' section. There are quite a few bodies there to be had.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoPossum View Post
I have had the same problem with a superbolt.
I tried running a CCM lower tube kit in it to no avail. The tolerances on the body were poop. The valve when in the gun was problematic at best.
I have a "tool" that is an old cocking rod that goes in my drill and allows me to sand down a hammer to fit the body that I am working on. I have had to do it to a few WGP bodies that have CCM'd lower tubes.

I tried that CCM lower tube kit in another gun and it worked great. Just not that superbolt. It works now but it took a long time to get set up to work right. Had to respring it for a much higher pressure so that the valve would close more consistently.

Edit: Just had an epiphany at the shop today.......
What about running a expansion chamber and a bottomline PPS Stab on the gun to make sure that you have a larger amount of volume in front of the valve. I am all out of CCM valves at home and might have to talk to one of the guys on the Pump Club to see if we have some in our tool box.
I'll keep people updated on how things work out.
Expansion chamber would work I picked up an old oddessy cocker and it has that same set up with the bottom reg and expansion chanber and when I put a pump on it I found that it was a natural low pressure set up @ 200 psi. It made for a nice soft shot.

Dknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dknight View Post
Expansion chamber would work I picked up an old oddessy cocker and it has that same set up with the bottom reg and expansion chanber and when I put a pump on it I found that it was a natural low pressure set up @ 200 psi. It made for a nice soft shot.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...y-cocker&cat=2
I talked to Rod about this problem.
He has seen it before on other mini cockers. His fix was to drill out the pump rod to get back some of the air volume.

I don't have access to a mill or even a drill press that I could keep the pump arm stable in, so next best thing is an expansion chamber LOL
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM