mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
pumpty

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
only time i ever had a problem was when i was shooting fast but once i turned down my rotors tension it worked fine
paintballman169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
OKC

Just bought a rotor for my T2 and experienced the same problems this Sunday at the field.

I think I will turn down the tension on the rotor as my detent appears to be working just fine. Also suspecting my stroke or double pumping user error as well. This thread was a gem, thanks guys.
arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

When I switched a magna from an impulse to my oc ghost, as breach loader, had horrible chopping problems. After adjusting the tension to it's lowest setting, in the magna's case removing as many magnets as possible and adjusting their arrangement just so, the problems disappeared. for simplicity's sake I've since switched to using my primo and sportshot on all my pumps, although I find the proto seems to have a lot less problems than all other shake and bake hoppers I've used (especially, for some reason, the sportshot and pocket loaders)
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Only time I chopped paint was my fault. Short stroke and thats it. Been running a Rotor and since I had a pre order T-2. Feyd.........
Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
1) The T2 has only one ball nubbin - the J2l, S6 and others have two - this could be the reason that some have had no issues.

2) I honestly do not understand running such a heavy hopper on a pump. A revvy would do the same thing and take all the weight off. I don't run a feeding hopper at all - and rarely - if ever - have feeding issues. You naturally shake the marker as you shoot it - I don't think it needs to be force fed. It is a lot of money I could be spending on paint... IMHO.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
I honestly do not understand running such a heavy hopper on a pump.
Big games it's key for and speedball. It's also great for the auto trigger! Feyd..............
Old 09-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
I play both Feyd - never seen the need. Oh well - it is just a preference I am sure.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
At a Splattttttttttt land game I mostly go out with just a hopper full so no pods are needed. And at big games I go out with five 140 round pods and use every one so I do get allot of use of the beast! But I also run the little sport shot copy and that works very well. But I have had feed issues with that when auto triggering so I end up going back to the Dye loader. But ya I agree it is preference. Now If you ever see Carter auto trigger theres no way a gravity hopper could keep up. He sounds like he's ramping with a pump! LOL! Feyd............
Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I play both Feyd - never seen the need. Oh well - it is just a preference I am sure.

TF
Same here. Used it 1 more time at MAO. Didn't have double feed issues but yes the weight is a huge problem.

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Meh, everyone alway hates on the rotor on a pump, i just dont like carrying a podpack for a small hopper, fill up my rotor and go.

I actually bought a 6.5 over a T2 because i knew i'd be using my rotor most of the time on it, went for the dual detents over the single one detent on the bottom, figured it would hold up to the tension better.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM