mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Talking Why CCM?

We all choose companies that we want to do business with for a variety of reasons. In many cases their are a large variety of competing products that all pretty much do the same thing, at a variety of price points and quality levels.

In the paintball industry you have a choice of MANY competing products, all designed to propel a .68 caliber gelatin capsule filled with paint at an intended target. For some of us, this is a lot more than just a hobby or a passing phase. It is almost a lifestyle in itself.

This is certainly my opinion, so please take it for what it's worth. I would describe CCM as being among a very select few boutique marker companies who not only listen to their customers, but make sure that the product you get from them comes with a lifetime of service and grins. It also comes exactly the way that you want it. When my friends and fellow paintball players ask me what it is about CCM markers that I love, I describe them as being hand build by elves and gnomes, sprinkled with fairy dust, and rinsed with unicorn blood.

Earlier this week I called CCM to find out what I needed to do to prepare my S6 for my 2012 playing season. I bought my S6 from CCM 4 years ago, and haven't so much as ever removed the bolt to wipe it off. I didn't want to take any chances with Spring Pump Event being 2 months off. When I called, I was expecting to order o-rings, springs, a reg rebuild kit, etc. I was transferred over to tech, and Rod spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with me detailing what steps to go through to make sure I was ready for the season. He never tried to sell me so much as 1 o-ring.

CCM, you guys and girls rock, and I really appreciate what you stand for as a company. Not only do you have, IMHO, the best open class pump marker made, but you have the best staff in the paintball industry.

Best Regards,

Broch Gerling
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
You haven't once removed the bolt in four years...?

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
We all choose companies that we want to do business with for a variety of reasons. In many cases their are a large variety of competing products that all pretty much do the same thing, at a variety of price points and quality levels.

In the paintball industry you have a choice of MANY competing products, all designed to propel a .68 caliber gelatin capsule filled with paint at an intended target. For some of us, this is a lot more than just a hobby or a passing phase. It is almost a lifestyle in itself.

This is certainly my opinion, so please take it for what it's worth. I would describe CCM as being among a very select few boutique marker companies who not only listen to their customers, but make sure that the product you get from them comes with a lifetime of service and grins. It also comes exactly the way that you want it. When my friends and fellow paintball players ask me what it is about CCM markers that I love, I describe them as being hand build by elves and gnomes, sprinkled with fairy dust, and rinsed with unicorn blood.

Earlier this week I called CCM to find out what I needed to do to prepare my S6 for my 2012 playing season. I bought my S6 from CCM 4 years ago, and haven't so much as ever removed the bolt to wipe it off. I didn't want to take any chances with Spring Pump Event being 2 months off. When I called, I was expecting to order o-rings, springs, a reg rebuild kit, etc. I was transferred over to tech, and Rod spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with me detailing what steps to go through to make sure I was ready for the season. He never tried to sell me so much as 1 o-ring.

CCM, you guys and girls rock, and I really appreciate what you stand for as a company. Not only do you have, IMHO, the best open class pump marker made, but you have the best staff in the paintball industry.

Best Regards,

Broch Gerling

Very well said, the only way I believe it could have been said better was if it was narrated by Samuel L Jackson. Although I do believe it should be posted in the public thanks to CCM sticky thread.
Ross17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Note to self: Do not let Broch touch my gear at SPE.

But seriously.
Rod and the rest of the gang at CCM are top notch people. Quality products, top notch service, and just awesome people are the driving forces of what makes CCM an awesome company.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
The long grey line

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
But seriously.
Rod and the rest of the gang at CCM are top notch people. Quality products, top notch service, and just awesome people are the driving forces of what makes CCM an awesome company.
This cannot be said enough. As much as I love my Phantom, nothing comes close to the awesomeness that is CCM
WestPointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Yes, bad on me. Between messaging with TF, and talking with Rod, I finally broke down my S6, and was surprised how clean it still was. I need to get in the dirt some more!
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

People are going to cringe, but I find not cleaning my S6 makes it shoot better. Almost 3 years and never had a rebuild/complete tear down.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Rod is the man, if i were into dudes, I would want to pet his beard all day long and tell him how special he is.

I liked CCM guns as soon as I saw them, and saw that they are made in USA. I bought a few and used them for a few years and then when I got to meet the CCM staff and play some games alongside them and against them, and hang out with them off the field I realized that they are some of the best people I had ever met. This further solidified my desire for CCM products and turned a "like" into an obsession and a standard I compare all other paintball gear to.

Flat out, they are the best company in the industry, undoubtedly. As long as I play paintball, I will use a CCM.

I bought my S6 new in 06 and have no yet needed to tear the lower tube apart or anything else but the bolt to clean it. It is +-2fps over the chronological, and I go by "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" it has seen a lot of use and still shoots amazing.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post

Best Regards,

Broch Gerling

Well said! But you weren't transferred to just a tech. You were speaking to Rod who more than likely built and assembled your marker years ago. Says a lot about the company when they produce nothing but the best and let you speak to the best. Class act in my opinion. Thanks to Mel, Laurie, Bill and the crew.
SeuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
People are going to cringe, but I find not cleaning my S6 makes it shoot better. Almost 3 years and never had a rebuild/complete tear down.

Jay
I have only had the grip frame off Mabye twice and hammer out once? Never had the valve out of it and prolly seen 50-100 cases

Don't try to fix what isn't broken.
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM