mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 03-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
Best way of carrying 1-2 pods without a pack?

whats the best way to carry a pod or two without a pack? since i play pump, i usually play hopperball but when i go out into the woods, we usually switch sides after a game, making us play two games before we go back to the main staggering place... so i was thinking about making a front man's pod pack which is pretty much taping up two 140rd tubes opposite of each other one facing right and one facing left taped together and carrying that around, was also thinking about taking a pod holder strap and modify it to my paints kinda like Empire did recently. or use a sock over my tank and put the tube in the sock with the tank (kinda like a tank cover and pod holder) anyone else with ideas? didnt really wanted to buy a cheap pack (i like to be quicker nothing strapped to me).
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I wear an NXE 2+1 and wear 100 round pods in two of the slots. It weight nothing - blouses out my jersey - and I can slide my squeegee in the empty loop.

Anything else is like carrying a brick on your light marker.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
If you need big pods I would second the tank mounted option as long as it will still be comfy, but personally I like all the weight off my marker I can get. I run small tanks and pocket hoppers. I just picked up some McCann/PBMafia leg harnesses for 2 50rnd pods on each leg and really like it. I also run a 5/50 PBMafia pack and it is my favorite traditional harness, even with 5 50rnd pods if is hard to notice any weight on your back, I have actually forgot to even put it on a few because when it is in its hard to notice. I switched to the leg harnesses mainly for hot weather play, I like my shirt to breathe and with a waist harness they hold a lot of heat in your shirt.

I would recommend a few smaller pods placed strategically where they are comfortable, it may be easier than finding spaces for a couple big pods. I generally only cary 3 pods in my 5/50 and it is plenty of paint for most any game besides a really long one, though I did manage to hold off a good deal of people in one game for about 45minutes with just about 200rnds of paint, that was one of my best performances

How much paint are you looking to carry exactly and what style game is it going to be used for?
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
well i use a Extreme rage 100rd hopper and i usually carry 2-140rd pods with me. since i try to shoot only 250rds per game at most. buts it sucks when you leave your stuff in the car and when they go out onto the field, they play 2 games out there before we go back in and i only have so much stuff on me. ya know?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Buy a used 3 pod pack.... cut off the the other two pod loops.

I call it an Uno Pack

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Empire fast pack Best for mini and full size pods
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Aren't 140rnd pods a little odd to be filling a 100rnd hopper with? I would think 50's would be ideal, reload before your empty and no partially full pods to worry about.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
i can squeeze 140 rds into my hopper, it might be a little snugged but i can do it. just have to shake and shoot sometimes when full. im not worried about partial full pods. i just want to carry more paint with out a pack..
Old 03-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
wanna be gun whore

CCM Fan
The new eclipse hde pants have molle loops on the back, you could get single pod pouchs to put on them, I think dye and valken make some. Also moati@extreme dreams could custom make you what ever you want
Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I never understand the statement that you can run faster when not carrying a pod or 2 than you can when carrying them. A full pod weighs what, a pound. Is 2 pounds going to really weigh you down that much. I can see being able to move faster if you aren't carrying 6+ pods because of the weight shifting, but 2 pods, really.

If you don't want to carry paint with you while playing you could leave a few pods on the side of the field and fill between games. They do make small packs and there are people that will custom make packs for you. I had PB Mafia make me a 2 horizantal pod pack that I'm loving more and more.

I also feel it is a bad practice to cram to much paint into your hopper. Carry smaller pods, 50 or 100rnd, and fill before you are empty. I dislike haveing half full pods even more, that is why they make small pods. I also have some APP dual 50rnd pod pouches that I like. I can fill my Sportshot before it is empty and the pouches are nice and small, not increasing my already large profile.

A few other quick tidbits for you. I did the pods taped together about 10 years ago, we always called I a football. It can be effective while using a semi or electro but I think it would be awkward with a pump. The tank holders with pod loops are also kind of awkward. I used to run a tank with 2 140rnd pods years ago. It took a while to get used to and I found the pods were often in the way. The only good version I had was a custom McCann USA cover that held 30rnd TAC pods. The flat bottoms of the pods helped to keep the pods from moving.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM