mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

This idea reminds me of this scene in Alien:

Alien - Dallas Shaft Scene - YouTube
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Bill, that zoom app is pretty awesome!

DSA, I've been thinking about this off and on all day. The more I think about it, the more I like it. It would even work with a small number of guys playing outlaw in the woods stalking each other. It could be like a modern version of "The most dangerous game."

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
What about if your rival only pops up in your iPhone if he or she is only in say 75 feet radius of you. Else there is no beep on the radar/iPhone. So it adds some suspense and promotes strategic movement. Beeps should be once every 10 to 15 seconds on the radar.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
I've had a very similar conversation before about something else. How about a virtual paintball field, displayed on the screen of the iPhone. There, certain objectives can only be viewed by the iPlayer. So what looks like a blank wall to regular players, would be "Active" in the iPhones display.

Also, certain other players could be iPhone "active" in the snipers viewscreen, allowing for lots of possible scenarios.
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
What about if your rival only pops up in your iPhone if he or she is only in say 75 feet radius of you. Else there is no beep on the radar/iPhone. So it adds some suspense and promotes strategic movement. Beeps should be once every 10 to 15 seconds on the radar.
Man that could be an option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Bill, that zoom app is pretty awesome!

DSA, I've been thinking about this off and on all day. The more I think about it, the more I like it. It would even work with a small number of guys playing outlaw in the woods stalking each other. It could be like a modern version of "The most dangerous game."
Duece, me too. I have scoured the internets and have been unable to find an iPhone mount. Even the Knights Armorment one is unavailable at this time. But as far as the app goes it indeed would bring a fantastic element to the game.

I envision this working like find my iPhone or find your buddies apps but with a cool tactical view finder, mabe even assigning marks so with a game of 5 you can only shoot your assigned target.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

What would be really cool, instead of having a 360* radius radar, a 90* one in the direction you are looking. Or with the iPhone camera scope mount, have the video live streamed/recorded somewhere. Just food for thought.
uniwersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

I love that scope mount idea. With something like that one would only need to glance at their iPhone/ view finder to acquire their target of choice, a push of the record button, merge the video with your helmet cam and in the immortal words of Kanye West "the coolest sniper set up of all time!"

Quote:

Old 04-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Augmented reality would be super cool too.... just as long as the player knows where the boundaries are...lol

The last thing we need is a player roaming off the field shooting cops or cop cars...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
I've had a very similar conversation before about something else. How about a virtual paintball field, displayed on the screen of the iPhone. There, certain objectives can only be viewed by the iPlayer. So what looks like a blank wall to regular players, would be "Active" in the iPhones display.

Also, certain other players could be iPhone "active" in the snipers viewscreen, allowing for lots of possible scenarios.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

A quick check of the app store indicates these typs of apps exist, one would only need to change the skins. I may contact the owner and discuss my idea.

Check out this application on the App Store:

Friend Radar
Not Exactly Software
Category: Navigation
Updated: Sep 01, 2011
26 Ratings

Quote:

Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Friend Radar is very close to perfect. I like the idea of having the screen refresh only every few seconds, but otherwise simplicity is key. No need for augmented reality, that goes in a completely different direction. It would be important to be able to scale it to a few different map resolutions.

You could easily have different "game settings," changing when the blips appear. For example, one game could have targets constantly illuminated, while another would illuminate players only when they move, like in Halo's Radar. Another mode could just "ping" the players at a set interval.

The best use of the app would probably be for small games with 2-6 players. It would help facilitate the action in the game, instead of everyone camping out waiting, and I could see it really reviving the long lost limited player stalking game that many of us started out playing.

Last edited by russc; 04-24-2012 at 08:43 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM