mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Fan
CCM S6.5 issue

So I was playing last weekend and I noticed that when I start firing with the auto trigger, I was losing velocity. Say my first shot was 200 feet, the next was 180, 170, etc. those are just an example, but you get the idea. I took it off the field and started playing with the velocity, I'm also having a hard time getting it over 285. I pressure tested the reg, it's at 325. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what I can do to fix it, or if I should just suck it up and send it in for repair.

I've never done anything other than take the hammer out after every day of play to clean and grease it. The issue isn't my tank, I switched out to my Russian Legion Shocker, and it kept up to it just fine.
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

Did you try autotriggering over a chrono to see if there was an FPS drop off? Its hard to judge a 30' distance when you're 200' away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Like Disco said, go over the chrono to be sure.
If you really are losing velocity, then your reg might need a rebuild, or you didn't adjust your hammer lug right and as a result, the hammer is released before your bolt is in the correct position.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

CCM Fan
The hammer lug is set properly. I'm pretty meticulous about making sure it's prefect every time I put it back together. I'll see about the chrono as soon as I can get ahold of one that doesn't need reset between each shot (ie. the little yellow one in my gear bag). Thanks guys, I'll look into it. Any other insights are more than welcome!
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

you didn't have your on/off asa screwed all the way in causing the whole gun to starve for air under rapid firing?

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
Moved this to the CCM section.

Step 1) Clean the bottom tube. Take out the IVG, Spring, Hammer - clean the bottom tube with alcohol - do not lube the hammer when reassembling.

Step 2) Clean Reg - double check input settings - and check its recharge on your tester.

Step 3) Double check timing - make sure the back block is at 1/8th inch from the back of the body when firing in auto trigger.

Step 4) Give it a try - See if that fixed it - if not - and this is an odd one - check your trigger for excessive wear. If you have a HUGE divot in the trigger - order a new one. It can cause the AT to release early and cause odd issues.

Keep us up to speed - we will get this fixed!

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Moved this to the CCM section.

Step 1) Clean the bottom tube. Take out the IVG, Spring, Hammer - clean the bottom tube with alcohol - do not lube the hammer when reassembling.

Step 2) Clean Reg - double check input settings - and check its recharge on your tester.

Step 3) Double check timing - make sure the back block is at 1/8th inch from the back of the body when firing in auto trigger.

Step 4) Give it a try - See if that fixed it - if not - and this is an odd one - check your trigger for excessive wear. If you have a HUGE divot in the trigger - order a new one. It can cause the AT to release early and cause odd issues.

Keep us up to speed - we will get this fixed!

TF
I was going to say raise your dwell but maybe you should listen to Tal instead.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckistani View Post

I've never done anything other than take the hammer out after every day of play to clean and grease it.
There is your problem!
Take your hammer out,clean the lower tube/hammer then put them back in bone dry...that should solve the problem.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
Now - didn't I say that in step one above?

Honestly, I put that sentence together in my head that he greased the marker - but if indeed you are greasing the hammer - you can test the marker after completing step one of my post - or - cleaning the hammer and bottom tube - reassembling dry.

Then I suggest reading the manual in the stickies above.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Crappy paint and poor paint to bore match could also be a problem. I helped a guy at the field that had major velocity fluctuations and could not chrono above 265. He was using a 684 back and didn't have anything smaller. I switched the barrel out with my 679 and his velocity went up to 293 with +/-4 fps. But as TF stated I would clean off the hammer and lower tube first.
nostayhome is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM