mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Use the stock barrel on the 6.5 and the dw for everything else
I second this, I used to shoot the DW barrel on all my guns, they do shoot great but in my opinion, and good quality barrel with a nice hone and a good length shoots the same as any other barrel with the same attributes. I have actually sold my DW barrels mainly due to needing money and i saw then as the barrel I needed least. I can honestly say I saw no difference in how the DW barrel shot vs the CCM as long as you have the bore sized properly to the paint. The CCM barrels allow for a bit tighter of a control bore due to being shorter which is nice if your paint is varying a good bit, sometimes a little too tight is what you need, I really only use control bores to prevent roll outs, I have never noticed them affecting accuracy unless the rest of the barrel us stupidly overbored and the control bore is really the only effective part of the barrel.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
The cries of the carrots

CCM Fan
I like how CCM sizers are actually the size they are marked...all of my freak inserts are at least a couple thousandths off.
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Use the stock barrel on the 6.5 and the dw for everything else
Nice man, wish I could! I have to sell one of them, that was the deal with the Wife (capital W for a reason). If I wasn't on a budget I would have kept every marker/part I've owned. I would have needed a garage to store it all, but alas I am a poor flight student and therefore I am governed by my economic state.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
If it is about money sell the DW and inserts. You can probably get $60-70 for the barrel and about $5-10 per insert. The CCM kit most likely would get you in the $80 range.

What color is the barrel and sizers?
Old 05-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
If it is about money sell the DW and inserts. You can probably get $60-70 for the barrel and about $5-10 per insert. The CCM kit most likely would get you in the $80 range.

What color is the barrel and sizers?
Both the sizers and barrel are gloss black.

Last edited by SilentNuke; 05-03-2012 at 07:37 PM.
SilentNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNuke View Post
Nice man, wish I could! I have to sell one of them, that was the deal with the Wife (capital W for a reason). If I wasn't on a budget I would have kept every marker/part I've owned. I would have needed a garage to store it all, but alas I am a poor flight student and therefore I am governed by my economic state.
If you've got a good wife, be glad that you have her! Mine keeps me on a budget, but my credit score has never been better. Save for a few, we are all in the same boat with you. I like to go on buying sprees every once in awhile, and then I decide what I like the best. I sell off the rest.

Both barrels are great, but if I had to choose between them, I'd keep the Chipley barrel and sizers.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Here's the thing...CCM barrels and kits don't sell for much. It's the one CCM thing that doesn't hold value, in my experience!

I would comfortably assert that if you ever sell your CCM later (to get a newer one, of course) you will get MORE total if the gun has the barrel than selling the barrel and body separately.

TL/DR: Keep the CCM barrel kit in the box it came in only sell with the marker later...
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
Here's the thing...CCM barrels and kits don't sell for much. It's the one CCM thing that doesn't hold value, in my experience!

I would comfortably assert that if you ever sell your CCM later (to get a newer one, of course) you will get MORE total if the gun has the barrel than selling the barrel and body separately.

TL/DR: Keep the CCM barrel kit in the box it came in only sell with the marker later...
A very logical statement thank you! I will take that into consideration.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
is reloading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
If you've got a good wife, be glad that you have her!
His wife is an Angel and he is darn lucky to have her. Don't let him play the "my wife will kill me card" ... He pretty much gets what he wants.

Nuke
If you sell the DW then what are you going to shoot on the Etek? The stock barrel??? Sell the CCM kit,

palerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
That's quite a dillemma you have there, but if i were in your shoes, i'd sell the DW barrel. The reason: It's more valuable than the CCM kit, and if you ever want to sell your marker you will have a matching CCM kit that will add to the value of your marker. Performance wise, there is not much of a difference.

It's a tough choice, i know! I have both barrels too and i am favoring the DW's over the CCM kit. But you will have to keep the wife happy, and the most logical choice would be to part with the DW barrels.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM