mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sadist

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Fixel how is the FPS with the modifications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
lube the shaft and warm the o-ring up in your hand by rubbing it back and forth between hands. then it should go on easier.
TheePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
It will shoot over 300 FPS. Unfortunatly firing 2 barrels off one valve makes it a bit inconsistent. The reason for this (i think) is that if one of the two paintballs is slighly bigger, it will cause more friction than the other ball, that will shoot out a bit faster. I've chronoed to about 270 FPS, but every now and then there's a FPS spike reaching up to 300 FPS.

While playing, this is affects accuracy a little bit, but i don't seem to have any trouble hitting an opponent. Duking it out against a electro was a hard thing to do with a pump, but with this one it's suprisingly easy.

I will try the marker next time with the stock CCM barrels, these have shorter sizers than the freak inserts the deadlywinds use, so in theory the marker should perform more consistently.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Well, the barrel brace i whipped up was doing an ok job. But i wanted something more fitting to the marker. Since this is a loud and intimidating one, why not a skull-based barrel brace?

Sorry, no loudner.. i want my teammates playing without a hearing aid. :P

With Cimco Edit V6.1 i drawed up something in cad, and generated toolpaths for it... Great program if you are only doing 2D, and it does CNC lathe stuff aswell!

After some machining i ended up with this:

Not bad at all!

When i got home, i used a hack saw to cut the remaining material off.

I made two braces... one for my deadlywind barrel set, and one for my CCM set... Unfortunatly the CCM set was milled a bit to tight, so i had to mill out a few thou's to make it fit easy. It did fit though, but it was too tight.

Next up was milling them to 7/8" thickness (this thing is a real mixup between metric and imperial sizes) and rounding the corners. Then each brace got engraved DW or CCM. (for the barrels its used for) After that i drilled the holes for the clamping screws. (due to imperial sizes being unavailabe to me in stainless, i opted for M6 screws.. roughly 1/4" UNC)

Then the hard part... slotting it from one side with a 2mm ball mill... The mill i had was very thin, so i programmed a cautious 80-cut slot... It worked like a charm, but took 14 minutes to mill.

Then to the lathe, and make a couple of custom clamping screws..

Looks awesome! But this was only the easy part... Now i have to polish and find someone that can anno them in the same gold color that CCM uses...
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Laissez Bon Temps Roulet!

How about asking CCM if they can do it?
"Check this out, each and every one of you. Compilation tape, of my own making. I call this the "Greatest Zooks Album". Featuring artists like, well I got some Hendrix on there, some Joplin, Mama Cass, Belushi... all great artists that asphyxiated on their own vomit!"

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PBpancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
The cries of the carrots

CCM Fan
That's awesome, I love the face on it.
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

CCM Fan
No. They been very, VERY helpfull with this build, even to the point that Rod tuned it, what, i should be lucky that CCM even wanted to go forward with this thing at all! And i don't want to bother them with a couple of aluminum parts to go with their anno batch.

If it fails the first time, no problem.. the tolerances on this piece aren't that critical at all.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Well, there are some new developments... Last week i shot an email to Melissa about ordering some parts to accessorize my T2's. Not only could they deliver the parts i requested, Mel also offered to get my slot blockers and barrel braces annoed for free, aslong i pay the shipping!

At first i was a bit reluctant, but then i thought about it... I could send them off to a local anodiser with the risk of having a color mismatch, or send them to CCM for a closest match as possible... I really didn't want to bother them with it, but this is some awesome service!

My T2's still have regular macroline fittings, so those will be upgraded to some nice CCM ones. My green T2 will get a matching Cram 'N Jam and a slot blocker purchased from storminnorman, and the gold one also a slot blocker, CCM fittings, and i will be upgrading the feednecks to a right feed adapter with proper clamping feednecks.

Currently i'm using plastic elbows, that really makes the hoppers stick out. I want a smaller profile, and plastic elbows sometimes break. With the right feed adapters the profile will be lower, and the hoppers will be closer to eachother. I will need to modify the sportshots to make it fit by milling off some material, but hopefully i can make them into a hopper with 2 feeds.

One thing i encountered while playing is that during reloads, you have to divide the balls between the two hoppers, often scooping out a handfull out of one into the other. If i can join both hoppers together hopefully i can just dump in one opening, and shake it a bit to fill both hoppers roughly to the same amount of balls.

This was done a while ago, but i made a little more room inside the front asa. Just a little bit more volume to play with. The regulator seals on the sides, and cannot be screwed in all the way because the air intake hole would not line up, so there's no reason not to remove this material. The bottom was left annodised to leave a hard surface for the screw.

Also i took the original regulator and noticed something i missed before... Why not drill more holes for more flow, and there is also some material that can be removed to increase volume... Not sure when i can do this, but it's worth a try. This reg looks better on the marker than the AKA 2-liter.

Since Melissa generously offered to anno my machined parts, i need to get a move on polishing them.. On the left is machined and unpolished, on the right partially polished...

My somewhat improvised polishing wheel... Works great though!

Well, that's it for now... When i have the parts polished i need to ship them to CCM, and then we wait.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Huzzah! It's gonna look great when it's done!

Shiner 2 Ego11 For Sale, Misc Paintball Gear and Non-paintball sale

I run a Wasteland server, come play!
www.edengrounds.org
Teamspeak IP: ts.edengrounds.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sadist

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
That thing would look awesome with twin cram and jams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
lube the shaft and warm the o-ring up in your hand by rubbing it back and forth between hands. then it should go on easier.
TheePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Not done yet, but allready awesome to play with! With my green T2, it was kind of hard to duke it out against a player with an electronic marker, but this beast is more than enough to deal with those pesky players that need a battery. I have a 09 ego, but it's soon to change owner because of this marker.

@ TheePsycho: I thought about it, but it would double the reloading time and i would need to carry twice the amount of tubes... I love to play stock class every now and then, so i opted for a cram 'n jam for the green T2. This thing is brute force pumpin' and should not be capped by limited paint, atleast that's the way i look at it...

This week at work, some co-workers were working overtime. So there was a chance to modify the stock T2 regulator. I milled it out to add more volume, and more flow. But i fubared it... The o-ring that seals the input pressure to the regulated pressure has no side wall support anymore... I have a fix planned, with a bush and some green locktite...

But if this doesnt flow, i don't know what will..

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM