mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
What happened to the Twin2? (with vid)

First of all, alot of things happened since i started the twin2 project a few years ago. Between getting it, making some modifications and buying a appartment i suddenly lost the appetite for paintball, so things were going very slow to say the least.

Eventually i loaned the marker out to a friend of mine, that held on to it for over 6 months, and he did some tuning in the meantime.

One of the issues with the gun was that it would not shoot beyond 250 FPS. Rod did some excellent work on it, tuning it as best as he could with the stock valve and reg, and springs that were at hand. He also pointed out some valves that could possibly give more flow, so that was worth a try.

The work done after getting the marker from CCM:

Since flow was possibly a problem, i widened the air opening to the breeches and modified an AKA tornado valve.

Also i modified the pump rod to add more volume to the air chamber...

Then i replaced the stock CCM reg for a AKA 2 Liter plus dual reg. Not that the stock reg is bad at all... It works great on my other T2, but it just can't deliver the flow i need for this gun.

Also i milled out a bit of the front asa, to get more volume. This pic is before, unfortunatly i misplaced the after pic...

One thing i noticed is that there is a little play on the cocker threads. You fasten a barrel by hand, so there is some play involved, but it is more noticeable with a double barrelled marker. So i whipped up a brace on the cnc.

But how does it shoot?

Well, look for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRZvxmJcgo&feature=plcp

This thing is freaking awesome!

It still has some inconsistency, but due to the design this cannot be avoided. But it shoots true and VERY LOUD i might add, and that also makes it alot of fun to play with.

Mell, Rod, Bill and everyone else working @ CCM: Thank you for making a kick-butt marker!

Please don't ask CCM to build you one, this was a one time deal, and they won't make them period.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

Last edited by FiXeL; 05-09-2012 at 01:49 PM.
FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Nice to see you popping back up matey! Even happier to see the gun is still alive and kickin’!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
We were just discussing drilling and boring out the guide rod like that, neat to see some pics of it done. I could see it would be a good idea with the volume needed for a double barrel. Glad to see more on this marker.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
The video is great.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
How about a trumpet loudener?
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Hi Mel, it's been a long while, but i'm back for the time being. I hope you still have the extra parts i've sent you, because this thing is so much fun to shoot! Somewhere in 2011 i lost the fun in paintball, and this marker brought it all back! It's a pump with an attitude, and can compete with most of the electro's that are now commonly used on the woodsball field. (best of all: no batteries!)

The standard T2 rocked, this is a T2 on steroids! I still have that pre-serial T2, and also love that marker. But this twin2 is a class of it's own.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
How about a trumpet loudener?
Not sure what my teammates would think about that... They are allready complaining about the noise this marker makes...

Old 05-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I second the loudener idea. Would have to be a custom milled piece though to slip on two close together barrels like that. Could even dual function as the sight and barrel bracket. Call it the UberLoudener or something...

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
How about the Ninja Super High Pressure reg?

Might give a little extra oomph to get you shooting at speed!
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

good idea, increasing the valve volume. I recently bored my double pgp's cartridge valve out and it seems to have helped.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM