mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #321 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thanks trinity I'm looking it up as we speak
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #322 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
For those shopping for adjustable picatinny rails, Tiberius announced version 2 of their FSR. Tiberius, for some really strange reason, posts next to nothing on its own Forum. They post almost exclusively on their own Facebook page. There isn't much information there but it does say that the new one is 20% lighter, 30% shorter, and has a 9 degree elevation maximum.

I would have to see and, more importantly, actually use one to know whether it is better than Killjoy's APR (version 2). I suspect that even with the Tiberius having lost some weight and size it is still bigger and heavier than the Killjoy. No mention of price but Facebook does say it is available for immediate shipment.

I scrolled through the announcement comments and found one asking whether they had also fixed the "sway" in the rail. That leads me to believe that the first batch of rails probably did have that problem because I apparently wasn't the only user to get one that had play in it. The good news is that problem seems to have been fixed in the later iterations.

Competition is good for all of us. Congratulations to Tiberius for bringing out what would appear to be an improved version of its FSR.
I agree that I've heard plenty of folks complain about the side to side play on their risers. I did however, buy mine during the first month or two of release. I duracoated it and, possibly overspray eliminated or reduced it in my case, or maybe they were just inconsistent in their manufacture, and I lucked out. ?

If Tiberius means 30% shorter in length, then they may have just done what I did to mine. I think mine is about 20% (maybe a little less) lighter by getting rid of the two full length aluminum side rails, and cutting the front flush to the short plastic rails (for which it was already drilled and tapped for). They could really skeletonize it but, it'd add a lot more to the cost (in machine time).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #323 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is the height a must with.that rail. I'd prefer if it could be lower profile
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #324 (permalink)
Post Whore

I can't fine the new riser info
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 08-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #325 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

uv Halos rig:

Last edited by doc Zox; 08-17-2012 at 03:42 PM.
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I agree that I've heard plenty of folks complain about the side to side play on their risers. I did however, buy mine during the first month or two of release. I duracoated it and, possibly overspray eliminated or reduced it in my case, or maybe they were just inconsistent in their manufacture, and I lucked out. ?

If Tiberius means 30% shorter in length, then they may have just done what I did to mine. I think mine is about 20% (maybe a little less) lighter by getting rid of the two full length aluminum side rails, and cutting the front flush to the short plastic rails (for which it was already drilled and tapped for). They could really skeletonize it but, it'd add a lot more to the cost (in machine time).
I remember you're posts when you mentioned cutting down the rail. While I have never actually seen your altered version, my first thought was that it probably was close to a dimensional duplicate of yours.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #327 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

FacebOok link I am Facebook stupid.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #328 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

http://www.facebook.com/tiberiusarmsfans
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #329 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

LMAO!!! Their "New Version" has three differences that I can see: They cut it where I cut mine, included the plastic side rails (I purchased mine separate), and a new top rail (mine has the solid back section of the original). And maybe, they removed some material forward of the tightening knob They hyped this (meaning they had a 'guess what our new product is' poll, and then posted this on their FB page)? Please note the fact that the original was already threaded to accept the short side rails...

If they had simply ever talked to me I could tell them my lesson learned (no flip out magnifiers), to use smaller, lighter adjustment wheels (they're steel), use a lighter, adjustment cam (also steel) and if pricing would allow it: skeletonize the remaining structure.

In my attempts to work through the regulator and other more minor problems I experienced, I offered, on several occasions to provide free, usage-based feedback, or to answer any questions they would have. Never, ever did they respond...

In all honesty, it really does settle for me, that they simply cannot develop new paintball market oriented products (or even modify existing gun designs to meet market interests *cough* T4.1) due to the growth and priority of their less-lethal market.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Last edited by uv_halo; 08-17-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: * Further Review
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #330 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Can you sue them for product design, Uv? lol......

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM