mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #331 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Uv sounds like your feelings got hurt a bit, maybe they listed to and others who knows. Actually I have no doubt your online data was considered in upgrading the product. As for using Facebook, I have to say bravo for them. They recognized their traditional site brings less attention than their Facebook and choose that route. IMO it would be foolish not to if that is the case.

Ok so these are shipping where can I get one? What is the price point? When can I get it? So many questions

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #332 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Uv sounds like your feelings got hurt a bit, maybe they listed to and others who knows. Actually I have no doubt your online data was considered in upgrading the product. As for using Facebook, I have to say bravo for them. They recognized their traditional site brings less attention than their Facebook and choose that route. IMO it would be foolish not to if that is the case.

Ok so these are shipping where can I get one? What is the price point? When can I get it? So many questions
Call and talk to George. He will order you one.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #333 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

Wow! they did the same thing to me with barrels.

The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #334 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
As for using Facebook, I have to say bravo for them. They recognized their traditional site brings less attention than their Facebook and choose that route. IMO it would be foolish not to if that is the case.
I think you miss my point. My question was why post on one and not the
other. I'm not sure if their Facebook page gets less attention than their forum pages but that is probably true. I have been posting there for years and the posting on the Forum has slowed to a trickle, but Tiberious's failure to post the new product announcements like this one on its own forum is one very big reason why it gets less attention.

I have no problem with Tiberius using Facebook. Indeed, its goal is to draw as much attention as possible to a new product announcement. Makes good sense. Given that that is their objective, why in the world would they not put it in both places? It is not like someone gave them the choice of putting in on only one site or the other, but not both. Once the press release is drawn up there is very little extra effort (and no cost) involved in putting it on its own Forum. Why would it be "foolish" to post it there. Are they not striving for the most attention possible? After all, Tiberius actually has a section on their forum (that they created) titled "Tiberius Arms News." Unfortunately, that section still has no mention of their new rail and probably never will.

Tiberius's failure to make appearances on their own Forum has been a source of frustration to the users there for years. Many new Tiberius users post questions for Tiberius in the appropriate forum sections and never get even an acknowledgement from Tiberius much less an answer to their questions. It falls to other users to try to help them.

Facebook is a fine place to get a quick piece of news about something like the new rail but the Tiberius forum is the place where their customers tend to go to get detailed answers on various aspects concerning the Tiberius line of guns and to resolve technical issues. If you were Tiberius wouldn't you want to be sure that you're actual customers got word about this rail at the same time you put it out on Facebook? Why would you say "bravo" to them for failing to do that?

I think uv_halo's comments about Tiberius ignoring his offer of advice and feedback sheds a lot of light on why Tiberius doesn't bother posting the announcement on their own forum.

As I said, Tiberius is just weird about that.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #335 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

I see your point now you are correct. Damn I was getting on a plane so I couldn't elaborate cuz the flight attendant said put it up. I honestly see UV's point now. It does seem like they should use their forum too and first do the loyal Tiberius following would get the info first. Especially since not everyone facebooks.

Quote:

Last edited by DSA; 08-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #336 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

They need to engage with their paintball customers.
They need to get the products of which they've told numerous customers "it'll be out soon" to the market.
They need to not take so long to release such a simply designed and manufactured product.
They shouldn't make us paintballers, really feel like we're in the back of their customer bus. I say this knowing full well that a lot of paintball companies actually are a side business of their primary manufacturing business. Those other companies don't make us feel like it (by ignoring us, making false promises, etc).

I agree about facebook and the forum. I've been a member on that forum to remember when Flatline's Up was regularly moderating. I watched it dwindle to next to nothing, I saw them make major forum changes without any advance notice, get more traffic again (following the 8.1/9.1 releases) and through it all, I can't recall their staff ever posting to help a customer, answer questions, or make product announcements.

If they did all of that, and released quality products, then, they would have a chance of knowing the customer loyalty I've witnessed for CCM.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #337 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Sounds like ur about to pick up a SR1
Old 08-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #338 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
They need to engage with their paintball customers.
They need to get the products of which they've told numerous customers "it'll be out soon" to the market.
They need to not take so long to release such a simply designed and manufactured product.
They shouldn't make us paintballers, really feel like we're in the back of their customer bus. I say this knowing full well that a lot of paintball companies actually are a side business of their primary manufacturing business. Those other companies don't make us feel like it (by ignoring us, making false promises, etc).

I agree about facebook and the forum. I've been a member on that forum to remember when Flatline's Up was regularly moderating. I watched it dwindle to next to nothing, I saw them make major forum changes without any advance notice, get more traffic again (following the 8.1/9.1 releases) and through it all, I can't recall their staff ever posting to help a customer, answer questions, or make product announcements.

If they did all of that, and released quality products, then, they would have a chance of knowing the customer loyalty I've witnessed for CCM.
I couldn't agree more. I have shared my views with the folks at Tiberius. My comments were almost word-for-word along the lines of what uv_halo laid out above. They listened politely but that was all they did. I always felt they listened to my suggestions because they knew that was what they were supposed to do, not because they had any real interest in what I had to say.

Let's face it, Tiberius had the inside track when it came to guns that shot first strikes. More importantly, they had a customer base that had a wealth of paintball experience and a tremendous amount of excitement about Tiberius products. With their inside knowledge had they listened to their customers and turned out the kind of new guns and products that their customers were clamoring for, they would have had the marksman/sniper market cornered. They were years ahead of everyone else. That was not what Tiberius did. A case in point was the airless mags. Players were crazy to get their hands on them. Tiberius promised they were coming any day. There still are no Tiberius airless mags.

I watched with great frustration as all those enthusiastic players drifted away to other places. Tiberius didn't even seem to notice. CCM, on the other hand, is an example of a company who does things diferently. They are involved in these discussions. They are all about dealing with their customers. They listen closely.

Paintball players wanted certain kinds of platforms and Tiberius wasn't listening. Along comes CCM and Carmatech (among others). Because they are listening their products are being received with a great deal of excitement. That's why capitalism is so great. Built a better mousetrap and everyone (except the mice) will beat a path to your door.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #339 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Well you can't teach good customer service if you ignore the obvious. Sorry UV I didn't realize the facts since I dont follow Tiberius. So back on topic, do we anticipate the FSR 2.0 to be a better product? It hosts the same 9degree adjustment. So is it just a copy of what users are doing which is chopping it down? I'm also wondering if the 1.0 will drop in price or is that something Tiberius does? You guys do know the primary reason I got rid of my T4 was weight. In the WestTexas heat a heavy and fun do not mix well.

In the end it sounds like the killjoy is lighter but just not as cool looking and we all know looks is 90% of the show until you get on the field. I'm still liking the Optimizer but the price point is killing me.

Quote:

Last edited by DSA; 08-18-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #340 (permalink)
Post Whore

The issue I'm having so far is. The rail on the trracer is kinda tall to begin with so adding the tib just looks redic. Also the tib is a bit long and hangs over the the front of the trracer rail. This shorter one I'm sure will look better. Couple that with the fact that so far the tib is the cheapest vs the killjoy, the optimizer, and that air rifle one someone posted. I think the air rifle one would work the best for me. But as UV said it doesn't give enough elevation to be effective. The killjoy would look the next best but is more expensive. Once I get my barrel and scope. I'm going to test it out and see if I can get away with no riser at all. If not I'll have to see than. If with the scope and no riser I find that I need it higher for.mask.clearence than ima need a riser either way so it might as well be adjustable. At that point I'll have to determine how much higher it needs to be and base my decision on that.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM