mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 06-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBoy78 View Post
I use my Crossfire 45/4500. Lasts a good little while for me. Comfy too as it doesn't bring the gun too close to my head but it's not way out there either.
What he said!

Although I don't have a CCM, my CCM modified Sniper II may qualify! I use a Crossfire 45/4500 and I love the feel. I don't like stubby tanks and prefer a bit longer setup and the 45/4500 is a great choice if you feel the same way.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'm with these guys^

I mostly use 45/4500 on my s6 so I don't have to refill as often, but will switch to 22/3000 when I want to go light. 13/3000 is too short.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Using a 13 or 50 with a beaver tail works just fine when you pick up one of those little on/off doohickeys that screw in the Asa. Gives you an extra inch and change. Although i dont use it when i use my 50, even though the 50 is shorter than the 13, simply because I tend to park the tank almost on top of my shoulder using the 50. Here's my setup using my 13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

i run a 22/3000 on my SS-25 with 86, perfect length for me with the back block, just have an old Shockteck short drop on it, bout the same as using a rail. I usually get about 200-275 out of it, depending on the weather.
Peppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Sniper

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
I suppose it really depends on what you're playing and how much you shoot.

Tourney field Vs. pumps I'll rock a 13ci and a app 50rder, bush or Vs. electros I'll run a 50/4500 and a modded sportshot because either I'm too lazy to walk back to get air mid game or cause I'm going mental on the AT.

Like Inferno said, it might be a little awkward using either a 13 or a 50ci tank with a beaver tail. Then again, you might like it, you can only try
I agree. if you shoot more then 300 balls a game I would go with a 48ci. I like the shape better then the peanut.
hoov7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
It's total overkill but I use a 68/4500. I like the way it feels when shouldered.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I mainly run a 13 or 22ci tank, they are super light, and air where I play is easy to get so refilling is no big deal, I have only ever run out of air a few tines during long games, and with my 13ci. With a Winchester and a 13ci tank an S6 isn't much heavier than a SC Phantom with s stock. Winchesters and tiny tanks are where its at (or any pocket hopper that feeds well)

Going from a 68 to a 50ci isn't going to be a big weight difference. The aluminium 13 and 22 CI tanks are far lighter. If you run a big hopper, try out a pocket hopper and some small tubes, they will fit in most regular harnesses fine. All I run is small pods and hoppers, keep the marker light for fast snap shooting.

I have a Crossfire 45/4500 and like said above, it is a nice size and length and is quite light. I really like crossfire tanks. The 45/4500 is slimmer and longer which I like. Tanks are hard to recommend because there is such a variety of ways people shoulder or don't shoulder or whatever they want to do, that's why there is so many variations of tanks.

Last edited by crazyorigin; 06-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pump Evangelist

CCM Fan
For me it comes down to how much paint I need to carry. If I'm playing short games and only carrying 150 rounds, then I use my 13ci. If I'm going to be playing long games and have to carry more paint, then I'll use my 48/45

paintball is more than just a game...its a hobby MCB Feedback
BiggsFX is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM