mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   A few questions about my T2 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/206556-few-questions-about-my-t2.html)

DevilMayCare 06-26-2012 01:01 PM

A few questions about my T2

I had a chance to take my T2 out this weekend for the first time, and overall really enjoyed the marker. But I did have two questions:
  • I was getting about 140-150 shots out of a ninja 13/3000 tank, would that be a normal level of efficiency? I'm new to pump so honestly don't have much to go on, but itseemed low to me.
  • The regulator on my marker doesn't seem to be screwed in all the way. I can turn it about a 1/4-1/2 turn in (to finger tight) but when I do the 90 degree fitting is right at the front of the marker, in a really uncomfortable place. Is it okay to have the reg screwed out a bit? If not is there an adjustment I can make that would allow the reg to be securely tightened, but have the fitting pointed towards the trigger guard?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dknight 06-26-2012 01:32 PM

I don't use a 13ci tank but I want to say I saw some threads saying 150-200 depending on what kind of marker you are using and if you auto trigger a lot. Single shooting is a little more efficient. Check the stickies for vids and manuals to make sure all your setting are good, TF put a bunch very useful manuals and vids for teching your markers.

I had the same question with my s6 and Mel from CCM told me that that normal due to the oring at the top of the reg and it's ok to have it backed off that quarter turn or so. I just put mine where I like it and once I air it up the pressure holds it in place.

DevilMayCare 06-26-2012 01:49 PM

Thank you Dk! I'll check the stickies and see what I can do to tweak things a bit. :)

canuckistani 06-26-2012 02:02 PM

150-200 is about what I get from my S6.5. As four the reg, I've never had that issue.

Hogzilla88 06-26-2012 02:21 PM

Check what pressure your reg is at, it should be somewhere between 300 and 350. I'd just sweetspot it. You should be getting 200 or so shots on a 13 ci (I get around 220 with my s6.5). The reg doesn't need to be tightened down all the way, just rotate it to where the fitting is straight back.

DevilMayCare 06-26-2012 02:25 PM

Damn it Dknight! I've got to much to get done at work today for you to be pointing out those sweet videos! Now my productivity is dropping AND I'm plotting to sneak out early and go play in the garage. :(

Hope you're happy.

:p

CCM CHICK 06-26-2012 06:06 PM

Thanks DK! :)

Devil may care, if you have any other questions you can always call us direct or drop me a PM. We’ll be more than happy to help.

Mel @ CCM
1-877-412-6850

Talfuchre 06-26-2012 08:39 PM

If I understand you - when you screw the reg in all the way - the fitting ends up coming out under the barrel at the front of the marker?

I know this is going to sound crazy but... turn your VRA around 180 degrees and it will be PERFECT. So - to do this - unscrew the reg. Use a 3/16th Allen key inside the VRA (Vertical Regulator Adaptor) unscew it - spin it 180 degrees - screw the allen bolt back in.

You then have the shortest, most perfect, out of the way set up you can get.

If you need to unscrew it a little - this is no big deal and a thin o-ring can take up the gap.

In terms of efficiency - read my thread on efficiency and you can roughly calculate what you should be getting. Although yours sounds about right.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CCM.

BTW - you are welcome for the videos.

I will be making another batch this fall.

TF

ryanhall41 06-26-2012 11:13 PM

I did an efficiency video of my t2. I get about 1700 shots off of a 68/4500 tank filled to 3700 psi

if you do the math then that is 217 shots off of a 13ci which is almost exactly what hogzilla gets

My reg is at 310-320 psi. just sweetspot it and you'll be fine.

TF nailed the reg issue and you can have you reg screwed out a half turn if you want to do that instead. It wont affect anything. Lots of people use those thick orings that go onto frontblocks and vertical asa's and put them on the base of their reg threads so the fit is snug and they can adjust the macoline output

Dknight 06-27-2012 02:02 AM

No problem Devil May Care I always promote slackerism when it comes to paintball :ROTFL:. I'm right there with you with the videos, first time I found them I swear I kept watching them over and over for a week and that was before I got my s6.:rolleyes:

TF - Cant wait for the next batch of videos. I take it they will be including the new CCM products, well hope they will be about the new products.:D