mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   CCM o-rings are best for CCM fittings (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/207098-ccm-o-rings-best-ccm-fittings.html)

Dr. PhunkyPants 07-02-2012 02:47 PM

CCM o-rings are best for CCM fittings

For what it's worth, I had a pair of "finnicky" CCM fittings thrown in with a recent used S6.5 purchase.

They leaked no matter what. I tried various sizes from my own kits, doubling, re-trimming and de-burring macro. The works. Decided to get some new "factory" orings from Mel and those did the trick. Those leaky CCM fittings worked perfectly from the first gas-up.

Bottomline, I'm not sure if they are sized just right, or what, but the factory orings made the fittings work right, right away when nothing else did...

Broch 07-02-2012 03:22 PM

Quick question for you... Did you double o-ring them, or just use single o-rings? Those fittings are gorgeous, I just couldn't get them to stop leaking.

Dknight 07-02-2012 04:52 PM

I had my s6 for about six months and I had one of my CCM fitting just get all unhappy. Looked up how to service (thanks TF for the manual) pulled it off serviced and problem went away. Well I didn't play for about 2 months, went to use it and leaking again. Grrr. Well after reading macro line manual again I came to realize that user error was mostly to blame. 1 - I wasn't seating the macroline properly with the 2 oring set up (really need to feel for the second click very important). 2 - I was so liking the box that my s6 shipped in I would take off ASA,rail and Macroline to put it back in the box and in doing this is what I beleive caused most of my problem. Taking the Macroline on and off and not being able to fully reseat the macroline was part of it but taking it off and putting back in the box was probably worse, in doing that I was letting the fitting dry out and also letting dirt in, the 2 things that cause problems for any orings. Now I just leave my s6 assemble and I haven't had any issues with the fitting. Plus never now when you need to have a quick shooting session in the back yard. :gunsfiring:

Well thats my 2 cents - probaly more like 8 but I really like the looke of the CCM fitting and maybe this will help someone out.

Dr. PhunkyPants 07-03-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broch (Post 2398235)
Quick question for you... Did you double o-ring them, or just use single o-rings? Those fittings are gorgeous, I just couldn't get them to stop leaking.

I used double o-rings and also applied a light coating of Hater Marmalade to all orings at the time of install.

artguy63 07-03-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants (Post 2398199)
For what it's worth, I had a pair of "finnicky" CCM fittings thrown in with a recent new S6.5 purchase.

They leaked no matter what. I tried various sizes from my own kits, doubling, re-trimming and de-burring macro. The works.

Hm..my story as to why I will never use them again..

<3 you Mel :)

CCM CHICK 07-03-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artguy63 (Post 2399271)
Hm..my story as to why I will never use them again..

<3 you Mel :)

Hey at least you think itís funny. :beathorse:

artguy63 07-03-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCM CHICK (Post 2399286)
Hey at least you think itís funny. :beathorse:

I just found it ironic was all. That's the last time I'll bring it up.

ant 07-03-2012 07:28 PM

I have tried metric macro line and thicker doubled up orings and that seemed to work well on one finikey fitting. Never had a problem with any others

TheePsycho 07-03-2012 11:42 PM

I have had to double up the o-rings on all 6 of my fittings. I also apply Evil Puss on all of the o-rings. I was able to get them to work with one o-ring, but usually the next time I would air it up there would be a leak. Doubling up stopped this for me.

Methodcaptain 07-05-2012 06:59 PM

I have mine installed with single o-rings.

I do put some dow 55 to make them swell up a little bit, but I can honestly say that i haven't had a problem with my fittings, and I have a few pairs.

I love them!