mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   s5 help? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/207627-s5-help.html)

leathalh 07-08-2012 05:22 PM

s5 help?

So I got a s5 with an e2 installed and got to play for the first time yesterday. Had 2 problems. Number one, velocity. Got it up to 270 (barely) had the reg sweetspotted and the ivg cranked all the way in. Number 2, the lpr seems to be very inconsistent. If I set it up properly it will push it back too far once then not far enough the next shot, which causes the hammer to not go back far enough to catch the sear. My solution yesterday was to just crank it a little high which seemed to work temporarily. Suggestions?????

PeaTear_Griffin 07-08-2012 05:30 PM

I would clean your reg and your lpr then see what happens. Your using a high pressure tank correct? Other then that it might help to pick up a spring kit, you should not have to have your ivg screwed in all the way. Are you sure the reg pressure isn't turned up too high so you need even more force to open the valve?

Dknight 07-09-2012 12:01 PM

^ yup do this^

And make sure good paint to barrel match I grabbed a .693 barrel by mistake when my paint was about .680 and I could'nt get velocity above 265 switched to barrels to .679 without adjusting anything and I was shooting 305, with the IVG all the way in it may be causing the LPR issue. Following "PeaTear" advise should get you back on track. And when I clean and re-assemble my cockers I always make sure everything is moving nice and smooth by hand no binding anywhere.

Inferno 07-09-2012 12:32 PM

When i couldnt reach over 280fps with my series 5 i dis-assembled everything and cleaned thoroughly. I replaced the main spring, re-assembled and now able to get it to read 300+ then bring it down from there.

leathalh 07-09-2012 07:43 PM

Thanks for the advise fella's. I sweetspotted the reg with the ivg at 2 turns in, it sweetspotted at around 235fps then started to drop. I tried to use the lightest spring out of my maddman kit but even the lightest spring is significantly stiffer than the ccm stock. Cleaned the reg the night before play so she was good to go. Used my ifit and a j$j edge kit at the field, underbored both so I know I had a good seal. And ummmmm, I am using a high pressure tank. Ok, think that is everything
Now on to the cool. I called ccm today to get some advise. Spoke to rob, gave me some suggestions I had never thought of. Got a proper main spring on the way and an oring rebuild kit. I am gonna replace the spring and a few orings as per his suggestion, as well as lube the ram directly. I am very impressed with the service and courtesy I received from everyone I dealt with at Chipley's. What a completely class act, if only all companies could run so well. They have earned a new customer. Screw you Kee

nostayhome 07-09-2012 07:48 PM

Yup CCM's customer service is top notch.
Rob=Rod same thing. lol

leathalh 07-09-2012 09:00 PM

Sorry Rod, I was sitting on a running diesel while we were talking. No joke!

nostayhome 07-10-2012 01:34 AM

Rod is such a nice guy, I'm sure he doesn't mind. Now his wife on the other hand, I'm really afraid of.:eek:

CCM CHICK 07-10-2012 10:58 AM

leathalh, thanks for taking the time to call today. If you have any other questions you know where to find us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nostayhome (Post 2406244)
Rod is such a nice guy, I'm sure he doesn't mind. Now his wife on the other hand, I'm really afraid of.:eek:

Rob. Ron. Red. Roy. Whatev, he doesn’t care, he is a good guy.

Now, If I scare you then I did my job well.

;)